Chapter Twenty Four

Rebel Ferrett

They couldn't get a hold of Jess. She went down the wrong path, and most likely got caught.

I left the gas station. I left my baby behind. I just walked. I didn't even take a gun.

"Hey killjoy." Said someone from behind me. I turned around, it wasn't even a drac. He wasn't wearing a mask, but he was  wearing the all white outfit.

"Shoot me." They looked at me like I was insane, which I probably was.

"What?" One of them croaked.

"Shoot me. I want you to shoot me." I said it, devoid of emotion.

"Not happening, we have to take you to the boss." They put their hands on my shoulders, and I struggled, I struggled so much. If I'm going to go down like this, wanting to die, I'm at least going to fight.

I punched, and kicked, and finally...finally, one of them shot me. Right in the back. I fell in my stomach. My vision blurred and I smiled.

I think about meeting all of them, how it was just Bandit, Jess, and I at that gas station, arguing about what we were supposed to do. Then we went out into the desert, just walking, not really knowing what we were doing. I mean, we were only a couple of fifteen and fourteen year olds. Then we saw Dye Hard, stumbling around in rags, she was no more than thirteen at the time. We all became a tight knit group, then I went out, for no reason then fresh air, got jumped by some dracs, and who showed up? Liner. Liner was so full of herself, all of us were, but not like her. She thought she could do anything, she knew she could do anything. No more war for me. I think. No more war.

Okay, so that happened, sorry.

So long
-Egg