Chapter Twelve

Rebel Ferrett

"Okay, Dye Hard, Liner, Ferrett, and Jess, will you come in with me?" We all nodded at Bandit.

"The rest of you, stay out here." She pulled down her mask, Liner pulled down her goggles, I readjusted my helmet, Dye Hard messed with her jacket, and Jess flipped down her visor. After we messed with our outfits we pulled out our guns.

"God it feels nice to just be us. Except for Liner, but still." Jess said.

"Guys, be serious." Bandit commanded. She commanded, wow. Dye Hard went up to open the door and she opened it with out any problems.

"God this is cliche but, hello?" Bandit said.

"Bandit?" We saw her mother come out of the hallway.

"Hey mom, where's dad?"

"They took him, and Kobra Kid. They are gone." Bandit went over and hugged her.

"Don't worry mom, we'll find them." She reassured her mother.

"Where are our parents?" I asked. She pointed to a door and me and Jess walked back there, leaving Dye Hard and Liner with Bandit.

"Mom?" I opened the door and saw her sitting on a couch, consoling Jess' mom.

"Mom! Where is Joey? And Brandon and Drew!" Jess said running up to her mom.

"They took them too!" Her mom started crying again and I walked over to my mother.

"You seem calm about this?" I asked her, already knowing her answer.

"I already lost your father, I'm here for moral support really. How is it? Being a killjoy?" She asked me.

"Wow, well, it's exciting! I've met a lot of people, traveled the desert, learned about loyalty, I've broken into a jail, almost died multiple times. Man, it's really great." She smiled at me. I looked at the door and saw everyone else walking in.

"What about all of you? What's it like being killjoys?" She asked everyone else.

Liner was the first to answer, "I was alone for the first three years, but when I saved Ferrett, it's been great! I've been put in jail, my brakes have broken, jumped off of a moving vehicle, I buried someone, got some epic goggles!" Everybody laughed at her.

"Well, I was the first one at the gas station, so I was technically the first killjoy, but when we, Jess, Ferrett, and I, went into the desert for the first time, and met Dye Hard, I knew that I couldn't do anything else but this. When Liner came, however I knew she was trouble. Then came Missile Kid, Roadie, and Madness and Shy Guy, God I thought I was the leader of a motorcycle gang! Then Dye Hard's mom joined, Color Blind. I feel bad for the people that have to sleep in the sand." Bandit said next.

"Well, I was excited to be a killjoy, you can ask my mom, um when I saw Bandit I honestly thought, "man, I have to deal with her for the rest of my life?" but she's been cool, a little bossy at sometimes, but she's a great leader, probably better than her dad." Jess said afterwards.

"Well, I met them in the desert with barely nothing, all I had were ugly prison rags, when I saw them coming towards me, I thought they were dracs coming to get me again. Being with them for three years has been awesome, I met a lot of people, saved my mom, and I have the cutest gun." Dye Hard smiled.

"I've only been with them for a few days, but in those days, I formed a crush, got a girlfriend, slept in the sand, sorta stormed a jail, and was apart of a rescue mission. Jeez, cops wish they were us." Roadie said.

"I was a killjoy since I was ten, so I have a lot of stories. I like being the grown up in the group, other than Color Blind." Missile Kid explained.

"We've only been with them for about two days, and they are some crazy people. We thought we would be on our own, but now we have them to back up." Shy Guy said, talking about him and his sister.

"You guys need to go save your fathers! I'll stay here." Color Blind said after a silent moment. We nodded and left the house. We were all situated when Jess' mom came out.

"Do you guys need another bike?" She said gesturing to another bike.

"I'll take it?" Shy Guy said, getting out of the car.

"Channel nineteen!" Jess yelled at him. He nodded and switch the radio station.

"Hello?" He said.

"That's right." I said back. We didn't say anything and left. Time to storm Battery City.

Sorta like the sing music video...

So long
-Bi-Liner