Chapter Fourteen

Bi-Liner

They were all having a conversation on the radios, but all I was doing, was regretting letting my dad push me to do this. He wouldn't be dead right now, I would have a family, my kids wouldn't have to deal without a grandpa. I stop and turn off the radio. I just need to think, and my bike and radio were the distraction.

I change the radio to Dr. Death. Na Na Na starts playing. I take out the spray paint that I've been carrying with me all this time. I look over to the wall of the tunnel, and start walking over to it. I don't even look at what I'm doing, but when I finally do, I see it. The spider. The symbol all of our dads made together, the symbol on the car, the symbol we put on all of our bikes. I ran over to my bike and listen to what was going on in the news.

"Kids, don't let them take you alive." Then the anthem started playing. Good night Dr. D.

"Hey guys, sorry. I needed some time to myself, where are you guys at?" Someone female responded saying they were outside the building.

"Okay, I'll meet you there. Dr. D started moving again." I inform them.

"What was the last song to play?"

"Na Na Na." I tell them.

"Man, all I was allowed to listen to when I was a kid was him." I knew it was Bandit who said this.

"Guys, what if they are dead? Our dads, and my brothers?" Jess said.

"Then we will have the best funeral for them, bury them next to my dad. But they aren't dying today."

"What about our parents?" Madness said.

"Where are they?" Bandit said.

"The same place your guys' are."

"We'll save them too, I promise."

I was almost there, when lasers started.

"We know who you are Bi-Liner and you aren't making it to your friends." Korse spat through the megaphones in the streets.

"Bye guys, enjoy having your dads back. And, keep running." My last words.

"Bi-Liner?! Liner!" I could hear them still. I guess this is what it's like to die.

"Stupid Killjoys, your friends dead. Come and retrieve her body, she looks so peaceful." I heard Korse say into the radio. My vision started to blur and black was coming in from the edge of my eyesight.

I was being shaken now. Someone was also calling my name. A conversation was happening.

"Liner? Liner, are you okay?" I heard Jess say, she sounded distant, like an echo.

"Liner! Wake up!" This time it was Ferrett. He sounded the same, just a bit closer.

"Put pressure on it!" Jess yelled to him.

"I'll be the only hope for you, because you're the only hope for me." I heard Ferrett say. Then I didn't hear anything else, or feel anything else. My vision was fully black now.

I'm dead. BL killed me, just like they killed my father, my mother, everyone I ever knew joined the black parade, and I've joined it too.

"Liner!" I slowly peeled my eyes open. I was hit with a blinding light. I'm not dead?

"Oh my god! Your alive! We thought you were dead!" Dye Hard shrieked.

"So did I, how long has it been?" I needed to know how long I was out.

"A week at least, two at most." Bandit said from the corner.

"Where's Roadie? And Madness and Shy-Guy?"

"They got their parents and left, they're coming back, just want them to be safe." I nodded.

"What about your dads? And Jess' brothers?"

"We saved them too. It would've been nice if you were there to see everyone's happy faces, they were all so relieved. We killed Korse, his 'master'. BLI is over." I grinned.

"Yeah, all the corrupted city's are slowly rebuilding themselves. No more bad guys slash good guys. We are all equal, well, as equal as you can get in America. The government recruited Killjoys as police now, they realized the only thing we were good at was fighting, so they put us as anything military related. If we wanted to, of course. That's where Ferrett is, head of security in Battery City, Dye Hard and him got married, you missed their little wedding. Jess is just a normal cop, Madness and Shy Guy are too, Roadie is in the actual army, and, I'm Ferrett'a second in command. You don't have a job yet, we know how badly you wanted to start a family, so we were waiting till you woke up."

"Thanks Bandit."

"Of course Kiley." She smirked.

"So terrible, I'm accustomed to Liner now, keep it that way."

"Yes ma'am." She saluted me.

"Hey, I'm not a ma'am, I don't even have a job. You are the ma'am." I laughed.

"Hey guys. Liner!" Everyone ran in at the same time.

"Hey." I said to no one in particular.

"Hey, I think I know what I want to do," Everyone looked at me curiously, "I want to be a badass therapist." Everyone laughed.

"Glad to have you back Liner." Ferrett said.

"Thanks, I'm glad to be back."

So long
-Bi-Liner.