1. The Vampires of Mystic Falls

Comincia dall'inizio

"I'm a vampire, not a cannibal," I reminded him. "Last I checked, you were too... ripper."

"That's not me anymore." A glint of frustration flashed in his eyes, like he was trying to supress a memory.

"I know. I'm sorry for bringing it up." I downed my glass and poured another. "I promise; I won't feed on anyone who lives in Mystic Falls. And for the first time in a week, I'm actually sober, so you should take that promise while you can!"

He laughed. I liked seeing him laugh. Of the three Salvatore siblings, Stefan had the toughest time with the whole 'Vampire' thing. He went from ripping people's heads off (hence the nickname 'ripper') to punishing himself day in and day out for the ripping. But something changed when he met Elena. For the first time in a long time, his happiness was completely genuine.

"OK, you can stay," he said. "On a trial basis. But if you kill anyone..."

"I won't kill anyone!" I promised. "So, remind me, who are the Vampires of Mystic Falls?"

"Caroline Forbes, Alaric Saltzman, and me and Damon," he said.

"And Bonnie Bennett is the witch that I am very much distantly related to, and Matt Donovan and Elena and her brother Jeremy are human?"

"Right." Stefan said. "And don't forget Tyler Lockwood... the werewolf."

"Right! His bite kills, stay away," I reminded myself. "Can I meet them? At least Elena and cousin Bonnie!"

Bennett witches seemed to be everywhere, they weren't like wolves who stayed in packs, or vampires who gravitated towards each other. I tended to protect them, mainly because my mother was one, which makes them all related to me in one way or another. I was the first and only Salvatore child whose mother was a Bennett witch. Thanks to my father's affair while Stefan's mother was pregnant with him, I was born out of wedlock and would have been seen as an abomination. To fix this, my father took me in and hid me from society until I was 17, when Stefan and Damon were turned into vampires.

"Elena and Bonnie are at school, where I should be," he said. I looked behind him and glanced at the clock.

"It's 8am, you have plenty of time. I can't believe you have a digital clock! How many ways will this generation create to be lazy!"

The door knocked suddenly. Without thinking, I ran to it at vamp speed, wrenching it open. The familiar face in front of me took me aback, and anger bubbled inside me. I growled and bared by vampire teeth, feeling the veins around my eyes pop.

"Serena," Stefan said, putting a hand on my shoulder. "This is Elena."

Immediately my face softened.

"Serena? This is your sister?" Elena asked Stefan.

"You've sent me hundreds of letters and you didn't think to mention that your new girlfriend is a carbon copy of Katherine Pierce?!" I asked angrily.

"Actually, I'm a doppelgänger. Nice to meet you." She extended her hand and I took it, noticing that her heart was racing. Suddenly, all I could think about was the blood being pumped around her body.

"I need blood," I said abruptly, pushing Stefan out of the way as I walked back into the house.

As I followed the smell of blood, I heard a creaking, almost as if someone was following me.

"Go away Stefan," I said, but there was no reply. The creaking got closer, until I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I bared my teeth and turned around, ready to face whoever was standing behind me.

...

"What are you doing here?!" I asked angrily. In front of me stood Damon, the bad brother.

"I live here. What's your excuse?" he asked with a smirk, his signature look.

I ignored him, grabbing a blood bag from the fridge and putting it to my lips. It wasn't as good as drinking straight from the vein, but I hadn't had human blood in a few days so it would do.

"Why did no one tell me that Elena Gilbert is Katherine Pierce's doppelgänger?" I changed the subject.

Katherine Pierce was the vampire that turned Damon and Stefan. She lived with us back in 1864 and I was very aware of the way that she screwed up my brother's lives. I would forever hate her for it. Luckily, I'd not seen her since then.

"That information was divulged on a need-to-know basis. Mystic Falls vampires only."

"Well, sounds like I came back just in time!"

**************************************************

Here's the first chapter of my first ever TVD fanfic! Please let me know what you think of it!

Dedicated to 'Doppelbitches', because her story 'Scarlet' gave me the idea to write this one. Definitely check it out!

Thank you for reading, I upload every Saturday!