Who are You? • 10

I stepped out of the house following Nagisa. He walked down the stairs as I was locking the apartment.
"Namu, don't kill him." Keriku whispered to me making me slightly surprised. I was being too obvious.. I sighed and quickly leaned over and whispered back hoping Nagisa wouldn't be able to hear.

"If I don't, he'll tell the CCG. You don't want that, do you?" Keriku could only watch me and frown. She nodded sadly and I locked the door before walking down with Nagisa. We wandered down the streets in silence for a few minutes before he began talking.

"Why did you want to walk me home?" Nagisa began.
"Well, it's dark. Don't want a human walking by himself when there could be ghouls lurking around." I grinned at him. I'll kill you.

"That's.. Nice of you, b-but you really don't have to." He spoke nervously. Stop playing nice. We continued to walk down the streets until Nagisa noticed how deserted it was. He tensed and gave me a wary look. I noticed this and pretended not to react.

"Nagisa." I said sternly making him jolt in surprise.
"Y-yes?" He asked on a whisper.
"Are you going to report me?" I asked in a cold tone. He looked nervously to the other side and stared at the ground.

"..No." I narrowed my eyes at him. He's lying. He's a liar.
"Do you trust me?" I asked in a sympathetic tone this time. He stayed silent and kept looking away as we walked.

I gave him a creepy smile when he turned back to face me. "Alright then." I said unleashing my bikaku and throwing him into an alleyway just in case. I slowly walked up to his body which was leaning against a large dumpster.

He was groaning in pain. "Did I hit too hard? Oh, I'm sorry." I said in a fake tone. I felt no sympathy for him, he was just another human. Another dish.

His eyes were only slightly open. He just watched me with a sad look on his face, how pitiful. Although, I was not going to pity him, he was going to report me. And then Keriku and Natame would die, because of him.

"Namu.. Please." He croaked.
"What? I can't here you." I said mocking his quiet tone.
"Please, stop. I'm not going to report you." He said in a louder tone.
"Liar." I said lifting my bikaku up, straightening it into a sharp point.

I let it come down on Nagisa but before it could hit my kagune clashed with another. "What?" I asked confused.
"Namu! Stop. Please." I heard the voice of Keriku, but.. It sounded different.

Instead of her happy tone she spoke all the time it was a deeper more serious one. The red and orange bikaku that clashed with my own retracted and I turned around to face Keriku.

"Keriku. I told you to stay home. He's going to report us to the CCG." I frowned at her.
"Don't you listen?! He said he wasn't going to." She hissed. She was acting so defensive. What is going on with her? I ignored her and attempted swinging my bikaku at Nagisa again but Keriku reflected my attack.

"Keriku, stop this!" I argued. She jumped over to Nagisa and picked up his body bridal style.
"No, not until you understand Nagisa isn't going to hurt us." She said jumping out of the alley and sprinting away.

I watched her leave and retracted my bikaku frustrated. How long was she following me?! Why would she trust someone like him? I growled to myself stomping out of the alley way and whipped my head around looking for Natame.

He must've followed her right? He almost never leaves the side of Keriku. I sighed finding no sight of him and sped back to my apartment.

-=+=-

"NATAME!" I yelled angrily into my apartment, or maybe I should say our apartment, now. I heard no response from Natame, but I did hear a neighbour.

"Oi! Shut it! I'm trying to sleep!" I heard a male's voice grumble from next door. Still, no respond from Natame. I stepped into the apartment and looked around the lounge, kitchen, bedroom and even the bathroom. He was nowhere to be seen. I stepped back into the lounge irritated and my eyes landed on my sketchbook Keriku had been scribbling in.

There were oragamis of a flower and two dogs beside it while there were messy scribbles of what Keriku liked to call a mouse and a cartoonish face I couldn't recognise. I picked up the sketchbook and closely examined the face scribbles onto it.

I could tell it was a boy with two pigtails, I instantly realised who it was. Is he really this important to you? What's making you act like this? I sighed ripping out the drawing of Nagisa's face and shoved it into my pocket. I need to find Natame.

With that thought I ran out of the apartment in a rush slamming and locking the door behind me. Don't worry Keriku, I won't let him report us.

I ran down the streets smelling the air trying to catch a whiff of any familiar scent. I couldn't smell anyone I knew nearby. I just kept running around town trying to find some sort of smell that could lead me to them.

I took another whiff of the air and froze. I smelt a strong scent of blood coming from the forest. I stayed silent for a moment and tried to figure out if anyone was near. I smelt someone, somebody I knew.

I ran into the forest in search of Natame or Keriku. Or maybe even just someone who can help me find them. I ran and ran until I came across an old run down building. Wandering up I stepped inside the broken door frame looking at the rubble spilt across the floor from the roof and walls.

"Hello?" I called out curiously and I could hear footsteps behind me. I turned to come face to face with the scent that led me there. It was a young girl with blood smeared all over her outfit. She had darker skin with black wavy hair.

"Who are you?" She asked with curious eyes. I watched her hesitantly, why do I recognise her smell? She looks so familiar.
"Have you seen a young girl carrying an older boy about double her age? He has blue hair tied up in pigtails." I asked ignoring her question.

".. Well, where I come from when someone asks a question we give an answer, not another question."