106: Moment of Hell

106: 地獄(じごく)瞬間(しゅんかん) 

'I have a camp to attend for the weekends.' I spoke during dinner. Dad looked up from his food and blinked at me.

'Seriously? How long has it been since you participated in school activities?' he questioned.

I sent a spoonful of rice into my mouth and didn't answer.

'No response from you means it was forced—but it's not like I care... Are you going as well, Seijuurou-kun?' Dad turned to the redhead sitting beside him.

Akashi nodded. 'Yuzuki needs to go because it's compulsory for her class and I'm going because the basketball team was instructed to guide them throughout the training camp.'

'Wow, it'd be rough—good luck staying alive.' Dad winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. 'By the way, why did you put Aidou as the infirmary teacher? I'd be dead embarrassed if people were to find out we know each other outside school.'

'I wanted to assign Dr. Sasaki but he's too handsome and he doesn't know advanced martial arts—Aidou went to a teaching institute after high school so he's perfect for the job. Why would you get embarrassed though?'

'Reasons,' I murmured then stood up. 'Thanks for the food.'

'Maybe she's on her period.' I heard Dad said. Ignoring it, I went straight to the kitchen. 15 minutes later, I had done the dishes for everybody and went straight to bed.

My schoolwork is piling but I couldn't care less, that's the fun of being in the last class—no one would care. The futon was providing warmth and comfort. I almost dozed off when I heard footsteps outside my room. It was faint but I could hear it clearly. The space I resided in was located very near the living room and if someone were to go to the kitchen, they'd have to pass my room. Dad's underlings would be in another part of the house so I was surprised to know that they were going to meet Dad in the kitchen.

I stayed close to the door to listen. 'Lord Miyamura wouldn't be pleased with this.' It was Jin. Why the hell would he call Dad lord?

'I know but what could we do? The Sasaki demanded their young master back.' Another voice replied. I didn't recognize the voice and that was weird because the only underlings allowed to stay in the house would be the 15 men I was familiar with. Then who was that?

'Not too loud, Ken. Yuzuki-sama is sleeping.' Jin hushed the other man and they disappeared. I glanced around and realized that since my room was dark (I haven't lighted the candles yet)(yes candles because Dad wants to live in the past)(I know he's weird) they'd think I was asleep.

'The Sasaki?' I murmured and buried myself under the blanket. 'Dr. Sasaki?'

Before I could pry into it further, drowsiness came in like high tides and I fell asleep.

-

Saturday arrived like lightning. I was clad in the school's PE uniform in the kitchen, making breakfast while being watched by Sano. Aidou had bundled my bag together with his and into the car. It was drizzling that morning so it was really cold.

'Don't burn the breads Sano.' I warned.

'How long does it take to toast the bread?' he queried.

'Until it feels right.'

'What? That's invalid!' he whined.

I sighed loudly. 'I don't care anymore. You can do whatever you like for breakfast. Just don't kill Dad.' And turned away from the stove. Sano fell silent, trailing behind without a sound. He could tell I was in no mood for the day. Everyone ate in peace and I wasn't surprised to see Dad absent. Without further delay, I headed to the car with Aidou.