101: Moment of Suspension

101: サスペンションの瞬間(しゅんかん)

Her hand slammed the box of chocolate on the lad's table, receiving surprised looks and shocked gasps from the students in the class 2-A. No, the guy across him sitting calmly is not her crush, not her boyfriend, or even an obligation for her to give him chocolates. She just felt like giving it to him after a night struggling. Why? She didn't even know.

Were they friends? No. Are they friends? No. Have they ever interacted? Never. So why did she give him the chocolate? No one knows why.

'Here, take this,' she spoke. 'Happy Valentine's Day, Kaichou-sama.'

The redhead wrinkled his nose and looked up at her. 'I appreciate this, Miyamura-san.'

'Good for you.' She squinted her eyes, smiled, and left.

No one moved a muscle a minute after she left until the lad stretched out his hand to pick up the box wrapped with a black paper and topped with a red ribbon. He examined it.

________

The principal of Rakuzan High punched his desk with rage and fury. His death glare fixed straight into her eyes. She stared back at him nonchalantly. The way he gripped his phone tightly, it'd have been crumpled completely if it was a piece of paper.

'Akashi Seijuurou is in a coma state,' he began. 'It has been two days.'

Miyamura blinked at him.

'It was a result of food poisoning,' he continued. 'And the students of 2-A told me you gave him a box of chocolate on Valentine's Day.'

'That doesn't mean I was the one who poisoned him, there are others who gave him chocolates as well.' She retorted.

The principal frowned. 'The police investigated his family, and his house. Apparently, he'd eaten only your chocolate.'

Miyamura smirked. 'Wow, he really ate that...' she mumbled.

The principal banged his hands on his desk. 'This is not the time to be playing around, Miyamura-san!'

'Okay, okay, I get it. I poisoned him, the end,' Miyamura raised both of her hands in frustration. 'Happy now?'

He sighed and leaned against his chair, shutting his eyes close in the process of doing so. 'You're suspended.' He declared.

Miyamura rolled her eyes, annoyed.