A/N - ESSAY

I stepped onto the stage for the school talent show, shaking from total fear. I tried my best to not look at the audience as I fiddled with the mic.

I cleared my throat as the beat started playing. I listened to the music, waiting for my turn to start singing. I was scared of messing up. That was until I looked at all my friends.

Each and everyone of them were supporting me. My friend Carmen even gave me a signal to start singing.

I watched him mouth the words as I sang. I looked into the eyes of all the friends I could see. I stared directly at my boyfriend. I was so thankful for them all being there.

The song I had been singing was Riptide by Vance Joy, my favorite song at the time. I still enjoy the song to this day, I just don't listen to it as often.

As each lyric came out of my mouth, my fear disappeared. Every word calmed me. I started putting more emotion into to the song.I was so into it, that I almost forgot that I was preforming.

After awhile, the song came to a close. I heard cheers and clapping as I walked off the stage. My friends congratulated me after the show was over.

That, I feel, was my best moment in singing. I hope to join the girls choir at [school] for my freshman year, thank you for letting me tell my story.

-------------

248 Words

Here's an essay I had to write as part of registration for a high school. I wasn't going to put this here, but I had to make sure my story had over 200 words and I decided to publish it. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this~
- Willow~Senpai