I pulled my fingers through my hair a few times before giving up. I just had to hope that I wouldn't meet anyone I knew before I got home.

With one last glance, I left the small apartment and made my way out of the building. A loud honk resound from the street around the corner on the left side. Not exactly sure where I was, I decided to follow the noise.

My feet carried me to my destination and I watched as a bus approached. I hurried up to catch it, knowing where it would take me, and got in with a few other people. The driver didn't pay us any attention. Had to be my lucky day, I thought.

I finally found my sense of direction again and got up a few minutes later, just two streets away from home. Mentally cussing myself, I remembered that I didn't take my keys with me, so I just rang the doorbell.

"Come in, Zo," my sister, Phoebe, said, leaving the door open before turning around to go back into her room. "Mom and dad left half an hour ago. Don't know where they are," she added after a few seconds.

I didn't care to answer. Checking my breath, I noticed that I really needed to brush my teeth.

I took my time in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, my hair and taking a shower, before applying make-up again.

By the time I left the bathroom, it was already 10:39am.

I could either take a nap now or prepare the project for my class before Theresa came over.

My inner battle was interrupted when the door rang. "Phoebe!" I yelled. "Open the damn door."

Without another word, I went into my room. I should call Lisa.

"Zo! It's for you. Come out," the tedious voice of my sister said, leaving no space for an argument.

I sighed but left the room. I gave my sister a dirty look but she just shrugged and left me standing there, facing ... Louis?

He was about to say something when I asked "How the hell do you know where I live?"

He grinned. "You forgot your purse," he answered, swinging the little black thing in his right hand. I rolled my eyes. Of course. I threw it away the moment I entered his flat and didn't think about it this morning because there was only money and my ID in it. Ugh.

"Well, thank you for bringing it over. Is there anything else I could do for you?" I asked politely.

His flickered behind me to the closed door of my sister's room. A few excuses as to why he had to leave now ran through my head when he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me towards him. My hands flew to his chest to stop me from losing my balance. Before I could say anything, I felt his soft lips on mine. My eyes were left open, looking at his closed eyelids.

I pulled away slightly only for him to move his lips to my earlobe. "We should repeat last night," he whispered, his hot breath fanning over my neck. His lips met mine again, his teeth stroking my bottom lip and I immediately opened my mouth.

Suddenly aware of where we were standing, I put my arms around his neck, turned us around and pushed him backwards into my room, closing the door behind me.

Louis fell backwards onto my bed, taking me with him, my legs on either side of his waist.

His hands moved to the hem of my top, pulling it over my head. He let his hands run up and down my back, rubbing big circles on my skin.

My lips travelled down his jaw and his neck to the neckline of his red shirt. Red was a color that really suited him. Shifting my weight fully to my legs, I let my left hand slip under his shirt, feeling the toned muscles. My right hand fought with his belt, again. I heard Louis giggle underneath me, making me smile in return.

Just when I had opened the belt, the doorbell rang again. My eyes flickered to the alarm clock on my nightstand. 10:54am. Theresa. Way too early, like usually.

"Zo! It's Tessa!" my sister shouted. My eyes met Louis'. He got up, smiling but looking defeated.

"I think we need to continue this some other time," he whispered, placing a light kiss on my lips before getting up and putting his belt back in place. "And you should get dressed again," he added, winking.

I laughed and quickly pulled my top back over my head right before the door flew open.

Theresa entered, looking confused. "Uhm... Hi. I'm Tessa," she finally managed to say before the silence grew too awkward.

"Hey, I'm Louis," Louis answered, giving her a winning smile before turning around and adding "See you soon, Zoey." He nodded at my sister, who looked like she knew exactly what was just going on, before he left. I heard the door click after him.

"So... is this your boyfriend?" Theresa asked. Most of our friends called her Tess or Tessa but I enjoyed making fun of her and always referred to her as Theresa just because she hated it.

"Nope," I simply replied.

"Do I even want to know? Let me guess... no," she said with a little sparkle in her eyes.

Theresa is my best friend, besides Lisa. But she is the total opposite of us; straight A student and the perfect daughter.

I thought about her words. My last relationship didn't go well. Ever since back then, I went to a club, like, once a month and hooked up with some random guy. I was tired of this but finding the right guy isn't as easy as it seems.

My thoughts flickered back to Louis.

With a pang in my heart I realized that I didn't have his number. It all depended on him and whether he would come back. Friends with benefits, that's what I needed right now. Gain back some dignity and move on, I thought.

Smiling to myself, I focused back on Theresa and let things happen as fate willed.

______________________

please comment and vote