What Happens When You Fall in Love with the Bad Boy

Hey guys! So this is my first attempt to right a story and I don't really know what I'm doing if you can tell, so any tips or advice would be really appreciated!! If I did it right you can see the picture of Paige (more pictures to come soon) I hope you guys enjoy my book, and I love you all for reading it!!(:

Chapter 1: New School

"Hurry up Paige you don't want to be late on your first day!" Mom yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm coming, I'm coming" I said.

Today was my first day of Brooklyn High School, but of course it was only MY first day because everyone else had already started in September, and now it was October. I was the new girl. Again. But unlike other girls on their first day of starting a new school in a new state, I wasn't the slightest bit nervous. Why you may ask? Because I've done this just about a million times, you see my mother's a traveling nurse which has my family moving around a lot, so I was always forced to start new schools, with new people, new teachers, and new attempts to fitting in. Eventually though, I had stopped trying to become popular or even care what others thought of me, because it wouldn't matter when I dropped out sometime in the school year just to start all over somewhere else. I once tried to convince my mother into homeschooling me, but she threw a big fit, explaining that she wanted me to live a normal life and go to public school just like all the other kids, completely unaware that I had no such thing as a normal life. Personally I think that she just didn't have time to homeschool me with her job and everything.

I walked into the bathroom and grabbed a comb then ran it through my light brown wavy hair. For some odd reason I always demised my hair, despite all the compliments. To me it was so boring, just like my brown eyes. I quickly scanned the rest of my appearance in the mirror just to realize I was still in my pajamas, I ran to my room and threw on a light purple T-Shirt with the words 'Carson High School Choir' written on the top in sliver. It was a shirt from my high school I attended in Pennsylvania my freshman year. (I was now a sophomore) Then I threw on a clean pair of jeans and my black Vans. Running threw the small apartment I pat my 9 year old brothers head and grabbed an apple

"See ya later mom!" I yelled to my mother while walking to the front door.

"Aren't you forgetting something honey?" She asked as she held up my backpack.

"Oh, right" I said grabbing my plain dark blue backpack.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you? It's no problem, really." My mom said.

"Mom, it's only a few blocks, I'll be fine. Plus I could use some fresh air." I said.

And with that I made my way to the apartment lobby downstairs and headed out the front door on my way to school.

I was suddenly glad I didn't take my mom up on the offer to drive me, the walk to school was beautiful-- Palm trees lined the sidewalks, colorful flowers were scattered everywhere you look, and the smell of the nearby ocean was refreshing and calming. But harsh reality quickly caught up to me, reminding me that it was only a matter of time until my mother abruptly moved us across the country to yet another unfamiliar place. 

With a matter of time I reached the school. I stopped for a brief moment to take it all in, and get good perspective on the campus. It was big, much bigger then most of the schools I attended. 

I walked up to the double doors in front and pushed them open, heading in. Immediately the smell of b-o and new textbooks hit me, I wrinkled my nose from the unpleasant stench, then made my way to the principle's office to get the combination to my new locker. On my way I got a few unkownly stares. Which of course was something I was used to, being the new girl and all. Don't get me wrong though, I wasn't complaining, I mean who doesn't like a fresh start?