| Chapter 22.|

Aaron rolled his eyes on the FaceTime call with Shianne. "I really don't get why we are having this conversation."

"Why we're having this conversation?" Shianne brought the phone closer to her mouth so Aaron could hear her screaming. "She said she's pregnant, Aaron!"

"And she's lying?" Aaron rubbed his temples in frustration. He knew not addressing this situation with Lyric head on with Shianne would cause an issue but sheesh, he didn't think he was gonna have to suffer through another video call.

He hated being on FaceTime with Shianne. Especially when she was mad. She held the camera in a way where she only showed her mouth, she never let you speak and she always hung up any time you pointed out she was wrong.

Usually, Aaron found the shit adorable. But right now, it was making him sad. He was leaving and this might be the last fight they would have. And he didn't know how to handle life without her. They didn't even discuss what lied ahead knowing he'd be in another country and now, here she was. Going on and on about a baby, he definitely knew did not come from him. But she wouldn't listen.

"Why would she lie?" Shianne questioned the young man who shook his head, then slumped his shoulders. He didn't know how to convince Shianne it was all absorbed and screaming out "because you took my virginity, stupid" did not seem like the smartest thing to do. So, he tried to reason.

"You're the one who warned me about her. Didn't you tell me this is how she acts? I really don't get it," He sighed deeply. "So, you out of all people should know that I didn't do anything wrong."

Shianne kissed her teeth at that. "So, why is she saying you did?"

"Because-" He looked up, distracted and exchanging words with someone in his doorway. Shianne couldn't see the person. "Can I just have a few minutes? Thanks."

He looked back at her, his brown eyes seeming to dull a bit as he gave her his full attention. "Baby, can we not discuss this over the phone? Like can I just see you? Please? Today? I love you. When I tell you, I'm innocent..."

"Aht aht, I don't wanna hear it," Shianne interrupted, chewing on the piece of chicken in between her hands, not even processing Aaron's begging. "Fix this, sir."

And then, like expected, she hung up the call. Leaving Aaron a pitiful man. He sighed again, maybe for the 100th time, standing to his feet and grabbing his luggage. Dragging it downstairs, hating the part that came next.

-

Shianne had one of Aaron's sweatshirts. And yes, it was just a sweatshirt. She knew he didn't care about it and was still using it as an excuse to see him. She knew that her surprise visit would make him extremely happy and that made her happy. Had she forgiven him? She wasn't sure. She always had a bad feeling about Lyric's interest in Aaron, and now the girl was saying she was pregnant. All she knew was that there were two people in that bed, and Shianne was not one. So, she wasn't sure what to believe. But she was going to hear him out. As she should.

But when she walked up to the house he had been sharing with his father, it was empty. So, then she walked to Miss Lulu's. No success.

She called him 4 times. He didn't answer. She texted him 6. He also didn't answer. Confused, she made her way to Darien's. Who didn't live too far out her way. It wasn't unusual for them to chill at D's either. He was the chillest, most understanding person, been her best friend since middle school and was in the area.

But when she knocked on the door, she wasn't welcomed inside. Instead, Darien answered the door, his glasses off his face as he rubbed his eyes harshly. She couldn't tell if he had been sleep or up for a while.

"Yeah?"

Shianne gave him her sweetest smile. "Hey D. Aaron's not here, right?"

"Here?" Darien rubbed his eyes again. "Shianne, AJ gone."

"He's what?"

"Back to Italy today. He saw Mo and I this morning and told us goodbye. Said he'd try to come out soon." Darien scratched his head tiredly, letting out an yawn. If he was up already, someone woke him up.

Distraught, Shianne paced back and forth on Darien's porch a bit. "OMG, he left today? When?"

"Like a hour ago, I believe," Darien looked at his watch. "Why?"

"I let him go.. without saying bye. And ugh, he was trying to see me all day and I refused," She shook her head wildly. "I'm such an idiot."

"Yeah, you a different breed shawty." Darien responded blandly, and Shianne went to to hit him, glancing behind him and noticing Cristal sitting on his couch, her leg bouncing wildly as if she was scared and the front of her body facing the other way.

"What's Cris doing here?"

"Mind your business, damn," Darien scrunched up his face, ready to close the door in her face. Best friend or not. "You needed something else?"

"Yes," She gulped and took a breath. "You know... never mind."

She turned to walk off the porch, deciding to tuck her tail in between her two legs as she pulled her phone out. She went to call Aaron another time, a call that never even rang. Probably because it was in airplane mode.

"Lyric ain't pregnant with AJ baby."

Shianne whipped around, kinda glad she wore her emotions on her face this time. "Why would she say that D? If it wasn't true."

"You really dumb as all hell," Darien shook his head, calling inside the house to let Cristal know he would be another minute, walking outside to give Shianne his attention. "Because AJ wanna be with you. He told her that shit and she couldn't take it. Now she pregnant. Yeah aight."

Her lips curved into a small smile. "He... he did?"

"Yes," Darien rolled his eyes, grabbing the door handle to go back inside the house. "And also, his ass is a virgin."

She blushed harder. "No, he's not."

"Maybe not now, but he was. I just don't discuss other people business but the streets talk. He never let Lyric do more than a lil dick-"

Shianne spoke loudly over him, covering her ears like a child. "Okay and thank you, Darien. Bye."