Chapter 30

Gumball woke the next morning to see his lovely husband flopped onto his stomach, snoring like a motor engine. He giggled softly, finding himself squeaky clean. The bed sheets were changed, Marshall was clean, and everything was calm. He peeped down and made the mental note that he was entirely naked. He blushed and smiled, then stood and dressed. Although it was dim in the room, it was ten in the morning, and Bubba was starved. He pulled on a fresh pair of simple white boxers, then pulled on jeans and a tee. His favorite black one. He put on his brand new sneakers and moved to wake Marshall. He wanted them to have their first breakfast as a married couple together.
"Marshie Lee, my lover, can you hear me?" He asked as he rubbed his warm hands on Marshall's lovely array of back muscles. The vampire made a small moan and allowed his eyes to open.
"What is it baby?" He rumbled gently as he pushed himself up to sit up on his legs. He leaned into Bubba's warm hug and yawned, smiling.
"I love you. You know that, don't you?"
"Mhm, I know. What's up?" He asked as he floated up and moved to pull on boxers. Bubba crossed his arms.
"You're supposed to say 'I love you too Bubba', doofus. And I wanna eat breakfast with you. So chop chop. Get dressed." Bubba encouraged as he moved to the mirror and began to gel his hair up. The next thing he knew, cold hands were on his tummy, fingers sliding into his waist band. Bubba jumped and gasped, surprised.
"I love you more..." The vampire challenged, grinning ear to ear, fangs showing. The boy king crossed his arms and rolled his eyes, smiling with a light blush.
"That isn't possible. I love YOU more than you could even fathom. I love you the most because technically robots aren't supposed to love, but I manage. I manage to figure it out anyway..." He countered, reaching up behind him to hold Marshall closer. The vampire blushed and saddened, drawing him near. He brought his feet to the floor.
"You aren't a robot. Cut that out Gummy. You and I both know that you are as normal as everyone else. Besides, being different makes you, well, you. There is no one else like you. Besides... You're my one true love. Thus brings me my next point as to why I love you more."
"Not possible..." Bubba hums, raising his eyebrow as he observed himself in the mirror, but found no Marshall behind him. He certainly felt him though. "And why are your hands in my pants?"
"Because I love you more." He smiled, and Bubba chuckled softly. Marshall was stupid and cute and witty, but mostly stupid. He loved him though.
"If you keep saying that, you have to prove it. I'd like a supporting statement and examples, please." He mentioned, smiling.
"Well... I gave up my eternal life for you. Technically I could have loved you until the end of time but you would have been long gone since then and I don't prefer to live in misery without you. I'd die for you. I'd kill for you. I'd give everything up for you. I'd do anything to keep you safe in my arms. It's been a wild ride and I'm stuck on the thrill. I love you more than anything else in this entire universe. You're my one true love. I think I may have told you this already, but vampires are odd creatures. They will seduce their victims, act like they are needy creatures, dress inappropriately, and act scandalous. But they are the most faithful beings in the entire universe. Their one true love is the only being they ever give up their innocence to. I kissed you the night of your birthday party because... Well... I felt it." He blushed and Bubba smiled.
"Best birthday gift I've ever received. Then you tried to storm your butt out!"
"Yeah. I'll admit. Probably for the first time in my life... I was afraid of what someone else would think about me. And you. You had to marry a princess."
"Yeah, but as soon as we kinda made up you nearly cut my head off!" He giggled and hugged him. "You crazy nut case."
"I missed on purpose. I couldn't chop your head off but... I was pretty mad. Oh well..." He blushed and Gumball played with the hem of Marshall's shirt adoringly.
"I forgive you dear." He chuckled, remembering how Marshall tried to threaten him out of the affectionate name, but it stuck.
"We gave each other our virginity rather quickly, remember that?"
"Yeah. I was... Blindsided by lust and attraction. You were... undeniable. You still are. I was scared but I trusted my gut for once. It hurt after, but it was amazing. It was one of the wisest decisions I have ever made."
"Then we had our... second fight. I'm so sorry about that. I really... really crossed the line, and I'm sorry."
"I shouldn't have been so blind. But I knew I would never stop loving you."
"I felt the same way. I knew that you were my soul mate. You see, everything is written down somewhere. All that once was and ever will be. I knew we were destined to be, even though it was rough at first. But I persevered, following my heart. I was so glad I did, because if you miss that person... Then that's it. Oh, and then there's us idiots getting drunk and having sex the night before your first wedding." He mentioned, visions of Bubba's wedding to Fionna coming to his mind. Bubba blushed deeply, ashamed.
"I messed up real bad, didn't I? It's just... I needed you one more time. Oh Marshall..." He whispered, holding the vampire's hips. "I couldn't have lived with myself. I would have been so depressed without you. Oh my... Then you... k-killed..."
"Shhhhh..." Marshall calmed him with a hug, knowing he was in great fear. The vampire knew his choice was dumb, but he couldn't have lived without Bubba. "It doesn't matter now, you fixed your mistake, and mine."
"I did. I went to hell and back for you, playing the highest risk chess game in history with a creature who could read my mind. But I won. And then you didn't even remember me!" He giggled, rubbing his forehead, exasperated. "I wanted to quit then and there. I was... devastated."
"But you didn't, did you?"
"No... You loved me anyways. And then Ice Queen tried to capture me! Thank glob my prince charming was there to save me..." Bubba chuckled warmly.
"We played the game of match maker, didn't we? Simone and Dr. Prince make a pretty awesome couple, don't they?"
"Yeah. It really is great that they have another." The pink king mentioned as he pecked Marshall's collar. "Like I have you."
"Thanks to Dr. Prince. That man is the real reason were together."
"We should really write him a thank you card." Bubba said seriously, looking away thoughtfully. "We owe him big time."
"Yeah, we do. And after that I finally got to propose to you." Marshall gleamed with pride, and Gumball nodded softly as he took his hand and moved to the door for some much desired grub.
"Yes and then you and I got married and had probably the greatest wedding night ever, and here I am the next morning trying to drag you to get something to eat." He smiled, finishing the recap of their partnership. Marshall chuckled and allowed Bubba to drag him down the stairs, simply floating behind. They found their way into the dining room and were served. Peppermint Maid flicked the both of them on the back of the head several times, stating that they looked like barn animals as they scarfed their breakfast. They drank their filling potion to finish, then sat down on the couch to relax and watch an old film.
Instead of really watching it, they stayed in a cuddled up ball of warmth under the covers, embracing another. Marshall knew that Bubba loved it when he constantly whispered sweet nothings to him. Bubba knew that Marshall really enjoyed a gentle and long cuddle, and to hear silly stories. They sat and talked, rings on their fingers, in another's arms. It was so peaceful.
"So Bubba, where are we going for our honeymoon?" The vampire asked with a smooth smile, fangs showing. Bubba reached up and used his forefinger to just touch one of the snow white razor sharp teeth. He was fascinated by them. "Earth to Bubba. Hubby? Hello? Bubba?"
"Hm? What?" He pulled his finger away with a quick blush. The vampire chuckled and rubbed the back of his head, massaging his sensitive scalp.
"Where are we gonna go for our honeymoon? Hopefully somewhere dark, private, and warm. Also a nice bed, and outside access. Also maybe some challenging places to work in, or difficult positions to try..." He evoked the perfect blush from the boy king who threw his arms in the air and spoke loudly.
"You win!"
"What?"
"The title of Most Distasteful! That is HORRIBLY kinky Marshall. You know..." Bubba blushed majorly as a surprisingly dirty grin crawled across his face. "I love the way you think." The vampire's eyebrows shot up as the pink king began to kiss his neck, providing faint suction to his skin. He grinned and rubbed his back, encouraging. He loved it when Gumball got frisky all on his own. It gave him a strong sense of self-worth and happiness. If the most up tight and strict yet loveable sweet kid in the entire land of Aaa wanted him, then he had every right to feel good.
"So... where we headed?"
"South west. There's this place, called Paradise Island. There's this wonderful beach house there, just a place that a ruler had built generations before us. It was used to host one party. Ever since it's been left alone. There are hired people who clean it once a month, but I've had food delivered there, and we're going to be alone together on an island for two weeks. More food will be delivered half-way through. Otherwise... The entire island will be ours to work with. And we can just be in paradise together. Sleep during the day and thrive during the night."
"Perfect Gumball. That sounds... Perfect. I can't wait...!" He said, very excited to be alone with his lover. That meant that they could do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. The vampire shuddered as the boy's warm lips pecked on his neck once more. It would be heaven. Truly paradise.
"We leave tomorrow. Better save our energy." Bubba grinned and hugged Marshall tight, then snuggled him more. Out of nowhere, Bubba looked up at Marshall softly. "Marshall Lee?" The way Bubba called him by his full name and the serious tone in his voice made the vampire look down with a questioning expression.
"What's wrong Bubs?" He reached over and stroked the pink boy's cheeks. He looked as serious as ever when he whispered a few words, too jumbled to understand. Marshall's brow furrowed. "I didn't quite catch that..."
"I want... I want to... I want to, maybe, eventually... uh..." He blew out his mouth and looked away, his own brow furrowed as he appeared to be very conflicted with himself.
"Yes...?" Marshall insisted, rubbing his back.
"I want to have a baby with you, one day. I could make it happen, I have a plan, and it would be natural, and..." He whispered under his breath, just above Marshall's natural register of hearing. The vampire's entire face turned a heated pink color under his greyish green skin. He swallowed hard and a natural rush of adrenaline began to pump through his veins. He felt his skin tingle with nervousness, and his mouth run dry. He wasn't sure he was even remotely ready for a child, or that he would ever be! How would they do it anyways, they were two guys, and it didn't make any sense. But Bubba seemed so confident.
"Uhhhh..." He stammered with a blush. Bubba hid into him with embarrassment, not exactly the reaction he'd been hoping for. He sighed, proud of himself for mustering the strength to ask. Then he heard something he hadn't expected. "Y-you know what? Eventually, I would love to have a baby with you."