Chapter 18

Needless to say the rest of the day was completely wasted. The Royal Court and entire Kingdom simply took the day off because the prince was too busy doing nothing. Everything was simply calm as the rest of the day carried on. Marshall slept in Bubba's lap, and everything simply felt better. There wasn't any more danger, or fear, or panic. The pair slept through the rest of the day, and woke very early the next morning. It was Gumball who woke first, and checked the clock. December 17th, 2:04 am.

He yawned hugely and watched Marshall's face as he slept. The vampire king was so handsome... he had a slightly pointed nose, soft grayish lips, dark trimmed eyebrows, smooth skin, the most gorgeous red eyes, thick black lashes, and long black hair that was slightly wavy under the top layer. Bubba used his fingers to gently lift his upper lip. He studied Marshall's gorgeous sharp pearly white fangs with a curious smile. They were seriously sexy and dangerous, making him so frightening and edgy. Marshall was the epitome of gorgeous. He was such a bad little boy... but he really wasn't little. Gumball pressed his lips to the vampire's, and he woke, his own lips very sensitive.

"Marshall... I'm really sorry- I didn't mean to wake you up."

"Don't worry. I've been awake for a while." He stretched out and lied on him happily, flopped over Bubba's lap. Bubba chuckled and rubbed his back softly. "We have to announce our relationship to the Kingdom today Gumball. We can wear another's colors."

"W-what do you mean?" He blushed, heart suddenly beating quicker as panic rose. This would be the hardest and scariest appearance before his people, for sure.

"I wear some pink and you some black. How's that sound?" He sat up and took his hand supportively. Bubba smiled and nodded, blushing. Marshall, the big bad boy, would wear pink in public to help show the people they were a real thing; that he and Bubba were truly together. Then again, Marshall would do anything for the pink prince. They were in love.

"It sounds wonderful dear..." He grinned and stroked Marshall's cheeks. The vampire winced in return and gasped a little bit. Gumball pulled back quickly, but his eyes softened and he rubbed his sore cheek again kindly, but more cautiously.

"Ouch. Fi really hit me something awful, didn't she?" Marshall asked with a chuckle, eyes sliding closed in relief.

"Yeah, she did. I'm sorry I didn't take a punch Marshall, it's just, my teeth may get knocked out, or cheek bone cracked, or my skin could dent in... She hits hard and I am incredibly fragile. It would have been bad. In truth though, I should have been hit every time, not you."

"Ah, I'm fine. I vow to protect you with my life."

"Marshall, no! You don't need to-"

"I do. I love you. Once a vampire finds his or her true love they do anything to keep them safe. I promise Bubba, I would do anything for you." He said softly in the moonlit room. Bubba smiled softly and extended his hand, which Marshall took readily.

"I promise the same. You know, you're the prince charming I've always dreamed about, except better. You see, you are a king, you are everything I've ever wanted, and you are beautiful." Snow began to drift down from the clouds outside. Gumball kissed Marshall's hands softly, and the vampire just watched. He loved this moment in time so much that he wished it would never end. It was perfect, and so calm. Suddenly though, he felt warm sugary bubble gum lips being pressed to his own with a force that wasn't expected. Gumball opened his mouth, guiding Marshall to open his, and they kissed another open mouthed.