Chapter 10

The moment he stepped into his house, he stopped. For only a few seconds, he stopped everything, closing his eyes. He couldn't move, couldn't breathe, couldn't see, couldn't feel. He didn't want to. All went eerily silent. It was as if everything and everyone on the planet disappeared. Nothingness was all there was. The vampire was so still he could have been made of stone. He remained this way, doing a very simple action. He was mentally preparing himself for this day. This would be the end.

A half hour later, he was disturbed by the gentle sound of the old grandfather clock in his living room. Bong, bong, bong, bong, bong, bong, bong, bong, bong, bong. Ten long, simple strikes of a bell in the clock. It brought Marshall back to life as he began to breathe once more. He continued on to his closet, pulling out his best clothing. It was an extremely formal wedding, and Marshall wanted to look his very best on this particular day. It was important to him to say good bye looking his best.

The outfit was incredible; his royal military style uniform. The colors of the Nightosphere were black, electric blue, and purple. The jacket itself was black, but the fabric was slightly iridescent of blue and purple. It was very subtle, but when noticed was striking. There were several gold and silver medals of honor on his coat, as well as electric blue badges for things he did hundreds of years ago. The buttons were made of the deepest purple amethyst, and his undershirt was dark purple. Marshall also wore a crown made of gold and violet velvet. It was much larger and more elaborate than Gumball's. The pants were simpler, an average black fabric pant with a small electric blue line down the outer leg and a bootstrap at the bottom that fit Marshall perfectly. He slipped on black knee-high leather boots after slipping on white socks. He observed himself in the enchanted mirror after placing his crown on his head, and felt a sense of pride for himself. He hadn't worn this in a very long time, and it brought so many memories back.

Marshall moved away from the mirror and picked up his ax bass and smiled, played a few chords, then hung it on the wall. He pet Schwabelle softly as she lied on the bed. He stroked her back, talked to her a bit with a gentle tone of voice, and then allowed her to rest again. He sucked down some reds, brushed his teeth with cinnamon toothpaste, and after stuck a piece of gum in his mouth. He grabbed a folder from his key board and observed it, then walked around his house once. After making sure his home was in order, he stepped outside, closed the door, locked it twice, and then opened the black umbrella.

Gumball awoke at seven sharp, then sat up. He rubbed his eyes, luckily feeling no after effects of the alcohol. "M-Marshall?" He whispered hopefully into the air, only to be responded to by his own echo. He sighed quietly, noticing that he felt clean despite last night. It hit him like a freight train. Last night. He'd cheated on his fiancé with his secret lover last night, and had been the one to suggest it. He allowed himself to get drunk and make an unforgivable mistake. He lied back down for a bit so he could calm his rising nerves. He didn't mean to do something so stupid. He wasn't that kind of person- at least, he never had intentions to be. Bubba swore to himself that one day the truth would be known, but not today or anytime soon.

Satisfied with his decision for the moment, he sat up and went to the mirror. Gumball determined that Marshall had cleaned him, so all he did was put some light pink cream on his face and rubbed it in. He carefully sculpted his hair with a comb and special gel, then brushed his teeth. Slowly, he dressed into his own kingdom's royal military uniform. He had no elaborate medals or badges for fighting, but for achievements in protecting his kingdom with his brilliance. His uniform was pure white, a jacket and full length pants. Every embellishment was gold: buttons, ties, medals, and shoulder pads. The only exception to the theme of white and gold was the light blue cape that fastened around his shoulders and was knee length, and his black dress shoes. He observed himself in the mirror and set his gold crown with the light blue stone in the center on his head. It would be going into the vaults today, until a child of his own became of age.