Chapter 24

"Get up get up get up Bubba get up get up!" Marshall squeaked gleefully in Bubba's face, grinning ear to ear. "There are so many presents under the tree and I am so freaking excited! Get your butt up!"

"I'm coming I'm coming! Give me five more minutes..." He yawned, and Marshall scooped him up like a baby, causing Bubba to gasp. "Hey you butt! Let me down!"

"No, Buddy. I wanna open my presents and I want you to open yours! Plus I do think Santa came!"

"Uh, what?"

"Santa came! I peaked at the presents and- this is the first time he's ever brought me gifts!" He giggled sweetly and Bubba raised his eyebrow skeptically. Peppermint Maid probably gave them gifts. He knew fairly well that Santa didn't exist. If he did... He never got any gifts. Pepper was the only one throughout his childhood to give him Christmas presents. He leaned against Marshall with a relaxed smile as he was so kindly carried down the stairs against his will. Marshall set him down near the tree and in front of his pile of Christmas presents. Marshall sat beside his own red pile and gestured to the light blue gifts with a pleasant and warm smile. "You go first please."

"Alright, alright. Calm yourself Marshie." He smiled and pulled out the first gift. He unwrapped it very slowly and smiled as he opened the box. A beautiful pink silk scarf, just like the last, lied inside. Marshall smiled and Bubba put it on. "You kept to your word. Thank you."

"Of course I did Bubby. I love you. My turn." He smiles and shreds open his first gift, revealing a red ruby drop necklace. Marshall tilted his head curiously. "Wow! Bubba this must have cost a fortune!" He grinned and admired it with eyes the color of the stone.

"You see Marshall, I created the stone in my lab. It's enchanted, as it has a relaxing agent and excitatory agent when desired. For the deepest sleep and the most intensified exciting moments. Try it on, as it should give you lots more energy. It'll make you feel real good!" He grinned, and Marshall gawked, quickly putting it around his neck. His pupils dilated a bit and he hugged Bubba, feeling better.

"Wow Gummy, this is great! And it's so pretty..." He rubbed his fingers over it on his chest, then Bubba moved to open his next present. A much larger box. Inside was a brand new outfit. A pair of white skinny jeans, a baby blue hoodie, a white tank, white socks, and a pair of baby blue high top tennis shoes. Gumball immediately burst into tears, smiling happily. He pulled the hoodie to his chest and pressed his face into it as well, crying joyously. Finally. Finally he had some soft, comfy clothes he could wear and enjoy. These were casual and beautiful. Marshall walked on his knees over to him and hugged him closely, and Bubba chuckled.

"This is the perfect gift Marshall. It's absolutely perfect. It's all I ever wanted and needed. I love you so much..."

"Oh sweetheart, I love you too! Don't cry baby..."

"I can't help it Marshall. I am so happy I can't hold back tears! It is THE perfect gift lovie! You're the best." Gumball whispered into his neck and relished the love.

"I can do even better. Trust me..." Marshall grinned as moved to open his next gift after kissing his lips. The sly vampire clearly had some sort of a plan. He peeled away the paper to reveal a box. He opened it to reveal a gorgeous red electric guitar. He gasped and pulled it up to his lap, then began to play his brand new instrument. It sounded absolutely fantastic and he sang a bit, then rested it in the stand.