Mykonos Memories

"You look so beautiful," my dad said while wiping his eyes. "Are you ready?"

"Maybe, I think so. Yeah, yes," I finally answered. Even though my stomach was churning and my legs felt like jelly, I was ready. I was about to get married.

I'd been dreaming about this day since I was a little girl and now it was finally here. It hasn't been an easy journey; there was a time when I thought we'd never make it this far, not because we didn't love each other, it was other people, they kept getting in the way, they thought that we shouldn't be allowed to love one another.

Taking a deep breath, I linked arms with my dad and stepped through the door, ready to walk down the aisle and declare my love for the girl stood in front of me.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I walked past them, but I didn't look at them; I couldn't tear my eyes away from Lana.

The way her blonde curls tumbled over her shoulder. Her white dress matched my own; it clung to her like a second skin, revealing just enough, but at the same time concealing the matching tattoo's we'd got last summer in Ibiza. Her blue eyes reminded me of the Aegean Sea and our holiday in Mykonos when she'd proposed. But more than that her eyes and her smile were like beacons guiding me home, and that was when I knew that despite the butterflies and wobbly legs I was more than ready to marry Lana; to promise to love her and only her forever.

👭