On Holiday

Hi!!! Anyway a quick thing. I'm British and so I have NO idea how the American school system works, so for the sake of this story we will follow the British system, just so you guys know. Enjoy.

******************************************

" So these are the main reasons for the League of Nations collapsing before the Second World War. Any questions? No? Good, we'll carry on tomorrow. And don't forget to study for those important GCSE's. "

'Like I could forget something like that' I thought to myself as I packed away my books and pens. When I reached my locker Edwina was waiting for me.

" So how was history? "

" Same old, same old"

As I threw everything into my locker I just got this feeling in my stomach, this feeling that something was happening, I know weird right?

*******************************************

" Are you sure you want to go ahead with this? "
" Yes Billie"
Adrienne and I had decided to adopt a child. And I was a bit nervous. I don't know why, I go on stage for a living, but still, I was nervous.

As we entered the adoption building a short woman with short brown hair and quite a large stomach came and asked if she could help us. When we said we wanted to adopt she took us through to what must have been her office. She introduced herself as Mrs Webber and asked what type of child we where looking for.

" We're looking for a girl, around thirteen to sixteen, but we're not fussy" Adrienne told her.

"Alright, that should be no problem. Now I must warn you the adoption center here is very small so we may need to look further a field for the right child, so that means we may take about three weeks to get all the files together"

"That's fine" I tell her. "We can wait"

"Great, well we will call you in about three weeks and we should have the right child for you" Mrs Webber then started to get up and show us the door, as she smiled and waved.

Well all we can do now is wait.

*******************************************

"Hello Daydream Boulevard Adoption Center. How may I help how?"

"Is this Ms Richards?"

"Yes"

"My name is Mrs Webber, I'm calling from Oakland. I have a family interested in adopting a girl and I was looking through the files and I believed Harriet McGregor would be a very good match"

"Oh that's wonderful news. Well at the moment she's doing exams, but she will be finished in about four weeks, so we could send her out after that"

"That's great, I'll inform the family straight away"

*******************************************

" Hello, is this Mr Armstrong?"

"Yep"

"I think we've found her"