The Innocent Can Never Last

Before I start with the story just a few things:1) I don't own anything in this story other than Harriet and the people in the orphanage

1) I don't own anything in this story other than Harriet and the people in the orphanage.
2) This my first fanfic, so please be nice to me!
3) Please enjoy it and any positive or helpful comments will be much appreciated.

*******************************************
How did I end up here? I was never meant to end up here. I loved my Dad, we did everything together, he took me to the park, the library, to the sea in the summer, he even started to teach me guitar. So why did he have to die? How did I end up here?

Try explaining to a seven year old that life isn't fair and these things just happen.

Anyway... you'll probably wang to know who I am. My names Harriet McGregor, I was born in Scotland to Katie and Angus McGregor. My mother died when I was born, so I never knew her, and then my father died when I was seven due to cancer. I thought it would be hard for me to be adopted. I'm going to be honest I'm not Queen Beauty. I have red hair, like an orange, kinda... if you've seen Brave you know what I'm talking about, thought my hair is straight, and I'm completely covered in freckles. So I thought no one would want me. Turns out I was wanted, by someone out in America; they had actually paid for me to sent out to America! And I loved it, for about three months. Then things got bad. My new father (Richard) lost a huge amount of money and so there was huge arguments, and I never saw it myself but a think he probably hit my new mum (Taylor). So I was placed into an adoption centre. Again. And now I was in America all by myself, not that I had anyone in Scotland, but still let's just say I was very scared.

I'm now fifteen and still living in the adoption centre. It's not as bad as you think really. The staff are pretty nice, everyone is very accepting of others differences, I have some great friends here, but still it's not a real home.

I had my hair dyed green for a while

I had my hair dyed green for a while. I haven't told you yet but I'm kind of really into music, I can play: the guitar, bass, drums and piano, and I'm really into bands like: Green Day, My Chemical Romance and Paramore. And it was because of Hayley Williams that I dyed my hair and green for Green Day. But I changed it recently to look like the hair Hayley Williams had in the Misery Business music video.

 But I changed it recently to look like the hair Hayley Williams had in the Misery Business music video

My friend Edwina, who shares a room with me, hates it. But I don't take advice from her; she's one of the "cool" ones, who listens to Justin Bieber and One Direction. So yea, it's strange that we're friends but we are, we were kind of forced to be, seeing as how we've been sharing a room since I was seven and she was eight.

But let me get on with my story.