When it was the end of the day I was tired. She walked to her car and I followed her. She entered the car. I climbed into the passenger seat. Alex looked at me, sighed and started the engine.

“Are you going to talk to me?” I asked her. She didn’t answer. She exits the parking lot.

She didn’t look at me all the way. The silence between us was not uncomfortable, but something annoying. When we arrived she turned off the car, took her bag and left the car without saying a word. She entered Audrey’s house, slamming the door. I followed her and she looked irritated as I climbed the stairs behind her. She entered her room, threw the bag on the floor and lay down on the bed.

“What happens to you?” I asked her for tenth tome today. I sat on the bed next to her.

She turned her head to see me, but said nothing.

“I’m sick of this! Do you have your period or something? What the hell is wrong with you?”

“I already told you that I don’t want to talk about that,” she defended herself.

“Well, we are going to talk.”

“You can’t force me to,” she stood up.

“Yeah, I can.”

“No you can’t!” She was mad, but I didn’t give up until she told me what was wrong with her.

“Are you going to tell me what the fuck is happening with you?”

“I argued with Nick, all right? Leave me alone,” her eyes were crystallized. She tossed in the bed on her stomach, hiding her face with a pillow.

“Alex, I...“ I did not know what to say. I'd saddened her and had no idea what to do.

“Just… Just go Niall,” her voice sounded odd because of the pillow.

“Aren’t you going to tell me why you argued?”

“No. Now get the fuck out,” she said angrily.

“Okay,” I raised my hands to defend myself. I took my things and exit the room.

October 9, 2009

11:59 p.m.

It's almost Saturday and Alex and I are locked in a cell in the police station. She has her head resting on my lap while sleeping. It is uncomfortable to write without supporting the notebook but today was a really difficult, or rather night, day. I have to write everything before Alex wakes up because I don’t want to give her explanations.

In the morning Alex continued in silent and lost in her thoughts. During class she merely copied what the teacher wrote on the blackboard without saying anything. It felt strange to have made her feel bad yesterday. I do not like people getting into my business and yesterday I had gotten by force into her business almost making her cry. When her eyes crystallized she reminded me when I used to behave badly and my mom’s eyes crystallized.

At lunch time I found her in one of the corridors. In a quick move I cornered her against the wall. All were in the cafeteria so no one saw us.

“What are you doing Niall?” She whispered looking away.

I took her chin and forced her to look at me.

“I am sorry. I didn’t mean to make you feel bad yesterday,” I apologized.

“It’s alright,” she nodded.

I let her go and she quickly went to the cafeteria. I stood there, watching as she walked away. She completely ignored me the rest of the day. Today I chose to go walking rather than getting into her car. Yesterday things didn’t end as I thought and I needed to meditate well everything and re-plan my strategy.

It was Friday and the race outside of town was inevitable. I thought Alex wouldn’t come but she appeared smiling as if nothing had happened. I made a face. The girls arguing with their boyfriends did not stay at home watching movies and eating ice cream? Or Alex was an expert at pretending that everything was fine or my concept of "girls with love problems" was not that good. As always Louis and Brandon rushed toward her still hopping to conquer her.

The bets were already made, the alcohol and cigarettes passed from mouth to mouth and loud music and dim lighting gave the environment needed to the kissing went hotter and hotter. I had no bike and I felt uncomfortable. I loved to run and do not be able to frustrated me. All took their bikes to the starting line. I was leaning on a wall drinking a beer. I could see Alex a few feet away drinking soda.

The scantily dressed girl walked to the front to begin the race, until someone shouted the unexpected.

“The cops!” the shout was heard and seconds later the cars appeared with red and blue lights flashing.

Everyone started running in all directions, escaping. It was not the first time the police caught us. But it was the first time for Alex.

She was in the whirlwind of people, confused by what was happening. An idiot on a motorcycle accelerated almost running over her. She fell back and one of the policemen caught her. He smiled as she tried to get loose. I ran towards them.

“Let me go!” Alex screamed, he was holding her to tightly.

I pushed him and hid Alex behind me.

“Don’t touch her!” I yelled.

As it was to be expected they arrested us and took us to the police station. We are in big trouble. They took our data, fingerprints and photograph before putting us in the stupid the cell. The smell was unpleasant and Alex almost vomits.

“You have the right to one call,” the policeman said.

I looked at Alex. Neither of us wanted to call for fear of punishment to come after this.

“How long we will be here?” I asked.

“A long time. You were in an illegal race with alcohol, snuff and drugs and you are under-age.”

Alex covered her face with her hands.

“What are going to do Niall?” She asked me worriedly.

“I don’t know. We better sleep. Tomorrow will think of something.”

We sat with our backs against the wall. Alex took her knees to her chest and hugged her legs.

“I’m sorry,” she muttered after some seconds.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because you are here because of my fault,” she said and I turned to see her. She had her eyes closed.

“What can I say? I’m a perfect hero,” I said and she laughed.

“I think so,” she whispered.

“Alex,” I called her and after some seconds and she opened her eyes.

“Niall.”

“Why did you arrive smiling? I thought you were sad,” I whispered and she winced as she looked away.

“There comes a time where you've fallen so many times that you decide not to get up and smile to pretend that all is fine,” she sighed.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing. Now go to sleep,” she said closing her eyes.

Her words did not let me sleep because I still continue seeking their meaning.

(Hi!!! I'm sorry I didn't update like in a week but I've been busy and my wifi was dead. Homework is killing me. I'm doing my best to update but please be patient. Please comment and vote it just takes a second. xoxox)