Two - Battle? // New Friends

You rise up from the infirmary bed, still half-asleep. The wristwatch you usually wear beeps on the nightstand. The time reads 06:17, five minutes before the test will be initiated. Groaning, you picked it up and wore it, while turning off the alarm in the process. For a moment you were going to look underneath the bed to take your weapon; though you instantly refrained yourself from doing so, remembering that you are currently in Beacon, not your home. Habits are hard to break, some people say, and you couldn't agree more. Students in Beacon are required to store their weapons in their designated lockers. Probably to prevent any accidents or unofficial duels involving them to occur outside the supervision of teachers.

After being shirtless the whole time, you decided to wear the plain green tee and head out to the main hallway. Of course, without forgetting to greet every humans and faunus on your way out. You aren't usually this polite, but it's all for the sake of a good first impression. It'll come in handy, as you have experienced many times before. Reaching the main hallway, you head left. You noticed that the environment here while it's still morning isn't as how it is in the evening. It's very quiet right now. Yesterday when you arrived, it was quite rowdy. Some of the students still hanging out around the academy grounds, the rest seemed to be in their respective dorms already. This truly confuse you, who thought that the entire student body should be wide awake and honing their skills by now, considering that this is a prestigious academy. One that had produced many brilliant hunters and huntresses. You now wonder if you'll do the test at the exact time Ozpin had specified. But you believe that Ozpin is a man of his words. Hopefully you won't regret seeing him as that.

You halt in front of a door, refraining from opening it as you heard a loud 'thud' nearby, followed by several angry shouts. Curiosity kills the cat, some people say. Surely your curiosity won't do you harm, you are a human after all, you thought. You shake your head at that terrible joke you have thought of. Enough joking, you turned around, approaching the source of the sound. A few metres away from the door you were about to open earlier, behind the bushes, you found two familiar girls, one on top of the other. Awkwardly, you cough and take a step back. "Oh, uh, sorry. I didn't know you two swing that way. But most importantly, I don't think you should do it out here." You said, feeling that you have done the right thing to do. The girl beneath the girl above her scowl at you, irritated at something. Annoyance is shown clearly on her face, nearing to anger. An expression that scares you more than how scared you are of Raven. You realise that you've done, or, said something terribly wrong. And, in order to make up for your mistake, you walk closer to them, apologising. "Sorry," a simple word came out from your mouth, although that wasn't really what you had planned to say. It should at least show that you regretted what you have said earlier on. One thing you immediately realise afterwards, is that the girl on top the white haired girl, which is Weiss, is actually Ruby, who is sleeping soundly, despite how tense the current situation feels to you. Catching on to what Weiss was originally irritated at, you picked Ruby up, holding her in your arms while you let Weiss to stand up on her own. At first, she shot you a harsh glare. Moments later, she probably decided that you weren't actually the one at fault for the mess she had gone through, so she thanked you and apologised at the same time. "Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. Sorry for scowling at you though," a tender and warm voice reached your ears. It is, actually something that makes you relax. As a response you nod to her, Ruby still in your arms. And, not long after that, she wakes up, much to your dismay. She squeals, sending a kick to your face, jumps off and stands firmly on the ground in a matter of seconds. You couldn't really blame her. Waking up to a guy holding you would be pretty terrifying for a girl. At the very least, that is what you think.

You fall down to the ground, head hurting like crazy. Despite her petite body frame, Ruby is actually pretty strong, not to mention heavy. Ridiculous, you thought, how that is actually possible. She might be the biggest deal of an opponent you'll possibly face later. It was unexpected, truly. The girls are just standing before you, seemingly petrified by what just happened. The one who is shocked the most is Weiss. Ruby is struggling to open her eyes, still half-asleep. This makes you wonder more about her. Pulling such moves while still half-asleep, is very, very cool. Has she trained that much, to have combat implanted into her brain and body? That is the one big question you've ever had in your life. Having enough of contemplating about things, you stand up, dusting off the dirt from your clothes. "That was unexpected," is what you choose to say, of all things you could've chosen. Weiss, finally regaining her senses, replied. "That sure was! Sorry, about that, (Name). We really are," she quickly slaps Ruby's back, hard, surprising the young maiden. Not realising what she had done to you, she innocently looked around, panicking a bit. "Wh, what? (Name)? Weiss? What are we doing here? And why am I here, in the first place?" Her innocence is very adorable for you, you started to think that it would be impossible for someone to get mad at her. Except for Weiss, perhaps. She is pretty much trying to smile to you while her entire body is trembling. In anger, obviously.