Our Evans

Our Evans

Remus clutched his wand and determination was on his face, but his knees were hindering him, slowing him down, and Lily was running ahead, unaware that Mulciber was going after her, keen on catching up to her before she'd gotten into the castle. Remus panted as he hurried along... they were headed over the grounds towards the Herbology greenhouses, which were empty of anybody today - Viridi had been in the Great Hall along with Flitwick, and Hagrid's hut was dark. There would be nobody to see anything that happened once Lily got beyond the Herbology sheds.

Sirius saw it when Remus left. He ran after him, leaving James to his work of thoroughly embarrassing Severus Snape.

"Moony, are you alright?" Sirius asked, coming up beside Remus.

"Lily --" Remus pointed ahead, where Mulciber was disappearing around the corner of the Herbology shed, Lily already 'round it...

That was the only explanation Sirius needed, seeing Mulciber; he raced across the grounds, running as fast as he could. Halfway across he realized that he would be far faster in dog form and he looked around quickly, saw nobody was paying attention that he could see, and he risked it, bursting into his animagus as he ran - throwing himself to the ground so that he was rolling as he changed and picked up the momentum from the roll when he'd finished, barely taking pause for the transformation, and he darted, twice as quick, covering the grounds in mere seconds.

The big black dog tore 'round the corner of the Herbology shed to find Mulciber had Lily Evans caught up in his strong arms, lifted up from the ground, one hand over her mouth, his wand clutched between his teeth, hugging her tight to his chest, pinning her arms with his arm as she kicked, lashing, muffled shouts against his palm but the much taller, stronger boy had her too firmly. He was clearly intent on carrying her off some place...

Well that's just a big fat no; you're not having her; that's our Evans, Sirius thought, and he ran for Mulciber, teeth bared.

"You ain't goin' to remember a bleedin' thing of it," Mulciber was saying, "...all in fun, you'll rather enjoy yourself if you just... relax..."

Suddenly, great vicious teeth had laid into the back of his thigh.

Mulciber let out a shout and in his pain, he dropped his wand and also Lily, who tumbled to the ground on her hands and knees, tears streaming from her eyes - feeling broken from what Severus had said, fear because of Mulciber catching her up and attempting to carry her off to Merlin knew what, and, now, relief from the black dog's arrival... She scrambled for her wand as Mulciber grabbed his up from the ground quickly and aimed at the dog and Sirius yelped and freed Mulciber's leg as though he'd received a swift kick in the side, right in his ribs, that lifted and upended him.

"Expelliarmus!" Lily cried, sending Mulciber's wand flying - it landed quite far off this time, in the freshly turned earth of a vegetable patch, and Mulciber turned to go for it and Padfoot scrambled back to his feet and grabbed hold on Mulciber's robes, yanking him backwards, sending him to the ground. "Pugnus!" Lily said, and with a groan, Mulciber was clutching his groin, a shooting pain of agony going through him as Lily's spell hit him directly, fiercely, right where it counted. She stepped up to his side as he moaned, hands over his crotch, tears in his eyes, "You're just lucky the cockus deletus isn't real," she breathed. "It would do the world a favor to know you're incapable of reproducing."

The black dog barked at this as though laughing and Mulciber rolled, in too much agony to answer.

Lily said, "I'm telling McGonagall what you've done and I hope she expels you."