Chapter 5: The Weekend

1. I'm sorry for the long wait, y'all! I know y'all been waiting for this update for the longest!!
2. Over 3,000 views!!!
3. This chapter is a bit different! It's the first one THUS FAR to be directly related to another chapter. The chapter in question being Chapter 3. With that being said, happy reading!!

Year: 2015

Why was I so nervous? My right thigh was fidgeting uncontrollably to my annoyance, and I pulled my phone out my pocket to check the time yet again. 6:15. At least five minutes had passed this time, and not just one or two from the last time I checked about 10 minutes ago. This was so ridiculous. Just completely and utterly ridiculous, but understanding that logic, didn't stop the urge I had to throw up. Pausing in the middle of applying her mascara, her eyes shifting in my direction in the reflection of her vanity mirror, Krystal turned to look at me with bewilderment. "What's wrong with you?" Sighing from my spot on her bed, I fell back onto the messy pile of sheets, gripping my phone like it was my security blanket. "I just..." I paused in the middle of trailing off to let out a pathetic moan. "Krys, I'm just so damn nervous!" A normal best friend would probably be bothered by the distress their most treasured friend was exuding, and would've instantly attempted to console them. Krystal was not that friend. "Artemis, I know damn well you're not whining about that nigga again!"

Sitting up to glare at her unforgivingly, I kissed my teeth, and stood to my feet. "See, you don't even care how I'm seriously freaking out right now." I muttered frustratingly, making quick bursts of stride in multiple directions, to try to keep my nerves down. "This is serious, Krystal!" My plea for sympathy was lost on her, as she groaned disgustingly, looking back at her mirror. "Artemis, you are being so fuckin' dramatic for no reason!" Releasing a bitter scoff, she quickly examined her now enhanced eyelashes, seemingly satisfied by the new look, and screwed the brush back into its holder. Rummaging through the rest of her beauty products in her makeup kit, she picked up one of several different MAC lipsticks by the tips of her olive colored acrylic nails, shooting me another nasty look as she unscrewed it carefully. "Just doing the most all over some Aaron. Don't make any damn sense." The matte purple stick now revealed, I watched through narrowed eyes as she began to apply it to her full lips, pettily ignoring how great it looked on her. "You mean the same Aaron I'm now going out with..." I seethed through clenched teeth, folding my arms defiantly.

Literally seeing the shudder going through her body at my words, would've probably amused me any other time, but my extremely high stress levels prevented me from enjoying it. "Please don't remind me...please. I still haven't wrapped my head around how this shit actually managed to happen." Her body convulsed in repulsion again, before she continued her makeup regiment. Meanwhile, her comments were still lingering awfully in my head. How did this happen? Maybe it didn't, and I was just dreaming about this entire conversation. This wouldn't be the first time my subconscious played tricks on me. It was that reason why I actually made sure I took the necessary precautions when I woke up every morning, to pinch myself and slap my cheeks a bit, just so I could make sure that I wasn't dreaming. So yeah, I was pretty certain that this was reality, but that didn't take away from the strangeness of it.

Aaron and I were officially a couple. After playing stupid games for almost two years, three if you counted the burgeoning interest that began from both parties in 2012, I finally build up enough courage to confront him that weekend at Ashley-Marie's house, and...I wasn't rejected. Aaron actually returned the feelings I expressed to him, and agreed to form a romantic union with me, so we were...dating. Well, we hadn't had an actual date just yet. As a matter of fact, having Aaron as my...boyfriend during the last couple of months, wasn't all that different than his previous title of "friend." Our daily texting didn't change much, though Aaron was now an equal initiator of conversations, and Good Morning texts were beginning to become a common thing between us. We did talk on the phone more often, and for much longer durations than we did before, but I felt that was to be expected, so I didn't really count that as a proper change. So overall the boyfriend life, with the love of my life, wasn't all that grandeur. Which is why the impending time was haunting me, and why my mind was currently in shambles.