Chapter 12, BaiLouYin's Day

Yin shuffled slowly as he walked the alleys of the neighbourhood.  He seldom took his eyes from the ground as it passed under his feet. The day was warm and when he pulled his jacket off he got a whiff, he was barely able to stand the smell of himself. He was desperately thirsty and his head was pounding.   Every dog that barked seemed to cause his ears to ache. He rubbed his stomach feeling the breakfast GuHai had made him, it was settling there like a stone at the bottom of a river.

His thoughts a blur as he tried to glue the pieces of what happened together. Instead of questioning GuHai's actions or, lack thereof, he was looking at his own behaviour.

He was trying to look at it through a third person's eyes, this just embarrassed him.

"Did I just act like a jealous girl ?"

He looked at the sky, it was a cool grey colour, nothing like the bright and sunny day before. A large hole a appeared in the cloud cover and he could see that he'd been walking for some time. The sun was definitely somewhere in the afternoon sky.

His thirst had reached the point of painful. After a thorough search through his pockets and jacket, he found he had no money. 

 "Great.  Of course not.  I'm still wearing yesterday's clothes."

He hadn't needed any money, he was going to a party.

"Aaah !"  That thought just made him feel even worse. Auntie and Pa had gone to so much effort and he knew it was all for him. "Well, not just him." He knew it was for GuHai too. His father had become very attached to GuHai and this was a small attempt to return his kindness.

"Have I fucked that up too ?"

He was starting to feel like a wretch. Rarely had he ever been ashamed of himself but this time he was,  and he felt he deserved it.

A dusty black cat ran from behind him, as it passed it turned down the alleyway on his left. He watched as it made its way stopping once or twice to sniff at piles of garbage left there in the lane. He turned the opposite direction and went right, it mirrored the one the cat had just gone down.

Taking stalk of where he was, he could see that he was behind Meng's house. There was an ultra-thin walkway the passed between Meng's and his neighbours. Yin almost had to turn sideways to negotiate the narrowness. He knew this lead to the window in Meng's bedroom, at least he could ask for some water and he could trust Meng, he would be careful not to add to his misery.

Reaching the window, Yin peered in. His eyes weren't deceiving him. No, he was looking directly at YouQui's face, his eyes were rolled back in his head. His hands were holding Meng's ankles and his thin nakedness was in the throes of what looked like a climax.  His friend Meng was making the most ungodly sound he'd ever heard.

YouQi's eyes coming back to centre as he made a loud growling sound, they connected directly with Yin's. Yin inhaled sharply and slid sideways trying to get out of view and shake off what he'd just seen. Moving his feet, "Murphy's Law" he knocked over a large glass bottle that rolled and made a noise that echoed down the thin lane. It rolled and rolled, Yin thought the noise would never stop. Still shuffling sideways and trying to escape the confines of this small space, Meng stuck his head out the window. "Yinzi, wait, don't go."

Yin turned to see his friend half hanging out the window, a sheet wrapped around him, his hand was waving Yin to use the door at the back of the house. "Go right in, my mums not home."

Yin entered, closing the door behind him he stood right in front of it. He kept his eyes on the floor, he could hear the two hurriedly bounding around in the small bedroom obviously trying to get dressed and dust off the indignity of being seen at such a point in time.