under the rain🌧

Start from the beginning

~

The walk home was extremely annoying since your phone wouldn't stop ringing. It came to a point that you had to turn off of the ringer to silence it. But it kept ringing, nonetheless; vibrating in your bag making those awful buzz sounds. You didn't need to look at it to know who was calling. You simply knew it was him: you're ex-boyfriend. You ignored it until you were at your apartment and the time you've arrived, you had a total of thirty-one missed calls and fifteen messages. You opened up some and they mostly contained the same messages:

-Jagiya! What are you talking about?!...

....

-Jagi... Why are you breaking up with me?!

-Yah! Why won't you answer your phone?! You can't leave me hanging like this. Hyungs told me a probable reason.... I'm sorry. Let me explain, Y/n. Y/n-ah, talk to me. Please.

You shut your phone, not wanting to see anymore. He didn't deserve to be heard nor did he have the right to explain. You remembered the other night when he told you that he was busy, that he had something to do and couldn't go out with you due to a change in his schedules. It broke your heart then; for it should have been the first time you'll see each other in three weeks. Cautiously, you opened up your phone again and searched for the article. The picture showed up and as you looked at the phone credits, you felt like a ton of bricks fell on top of your heart, burying it deep within the ground.

Written in black ink was December 20, 2016; the same night he declined your offer. Your body shook as silent sobs escaped your lips. You didn't want to cry, not over this. Not over him. He obviously didn't care about you and your tears shouldn't be wasted upon someone like him. But you couldn't help it. Leaning against the back of your door, you sank to the floor, wrapping yourself between your knees as you tried to steady your breathing and subdue the sobbing that hiccupped its way out of you. But the tears kept coming. You cried because you were hurt of his betrayal. You cried because no matter what he did, you still loved him. And that was the most painful thing of all.

~

The next day, you woke up with puffy eyes and aching back from having slept on the floor crying yourself to sleep. You went to school; fixed yourself up, put some make up on to make your eyes look less swollen and less like the hell you were truly feeling inside. Before you left, you checked your phone and found your inbox empty. You tried to ignore the sinking feeling in your chest at how easily he had given up. He didn't even try to get me back, you scoffed inwardly. Thrusting your phone into your back pocket, you made your way out; the sadness you felt easily replaced by anger. Screw you, Kim Taehyung. Screw you!

~

"Are you sure you're fine? Do you want to get our nails done or something?" you were at the library with Seo Eun, doing some extra credit work by helping out in some library duties. As of the moment, you were pushing a cart of books, returning them to their respective shelves as Seo Eun relentlessly persuaded you into doing some 'girl stuff' to get over the breakup.

"We can go shopping, or get a makeover –"

"Soe Eun." You whirled to face her, chuckling slightly.

"I'm fine really." Seo Eun looked at you, sighing.

"No one's okay after a break up." You sighed as you turned from her, stacking a couple of books on the shelves.

"No, you're right. But right now I just don't want to think about it. I think it's better that way. I need some time to get over it first, okay?"

"A makeover will help-" she reasoned.