Chapter 19 - The Sound of Silence

Começar do início

"It's actually this way," he led her to the opposite direction that she just took him.

❄❄❄

Elsa POV

Elsa tried so hard not to look at Jack's body but her eyes kept wandering to him. And every single time she looked, her mind was going back to the moment he died just inches away from her, the sword that ripped through his chest taking the life out of him, taking him away from her forever.

Pitch was still chanting in his demon language, he smiled when he caught Elsa watching him.

She hadn't noticed before but her whole body was bruised and she was sure she broke a few bones trying to break out of the chains. Her chest was slowly dripping blood from the smaller wound caused by Pitch's sword. She was struggling to keep her eyes open, every part of her body was telling her to sleep. Sleep was what she needed right now.

The center of the room's ceiling, above Pitch was beginning to glow a bright white light, which made Elsa want to sleep more.

❄❄❄

Anna POV

Jack had disappeared for more than twenty minutes, which didn't help Anna's focus. She'd killed so many Nightmares since he'd left her, she completely lost count.

The number of Nightmares around them began to thrink but they were still in battle. She was so worried about Elsa but she couldn't do anything about it, except fight off these gross creatures and hope that eventually they'd get inside the building.

Anna saw North a few meters away from her in battle. She could see why he was the leader of all Guardians. He was the best. His fighting skills were amazing, Nightmare after Nightmare could not even scratch him.

Anna felt a slight nip at her arm. She looked to her right at a Nightmare with beady eyes and green skin who's claws were covered in her blood. She didn't have enough time to react before the creature was on top of her.

She tried to scream but the air was sucked out of her. The creature took a big bite of her shoulder but luckily didn't rip enough skin for it to cause major damage.

She felt a pulse coming from the Nightmare's body before the weight of it dissolved into nothing.

She looked up to see the most handsome man in the world, looking down at her with concerned brown eyes. His hair was the color of sunlight and he was muscular. He was the perfect height to rest his chin on her head if they were standing next to each other.

"Are you hurt?" he said. He put his hand out for her.

"No-- No-- I'm okay." she stuttered. She rolled her eyes at the fact that she was blushing in the middle of a war.

"Kristoff Bjorgman," he said throwing one of his knives at a Nightmare that was behind her. He smacked another one behind him. His senses were astonishing, she thought.

Anna got to her feet and fought the Nightmares around her, still beside Kristoff.

"Anna Arendelle," she said back, almost tripping on a rock that was covered in snow. She kicked the Nightmare to her left and punched the Nightmare on her right.

He snorted. "Yeah right, all the Arendelle's are dead."

"Well here I am, alive, so..." She stabbed another Nightmare on her right. Kristoff's rudeness was beginning to annoy her.

"Behind you--" He stumbled to her and stabbed something behind her.

They both fell at the same time, Anna under him. He held the weight of his body with his elbows so he wasn't crushing her. She saw his cheeks beginning to turn red.