"I already told you, there will be no changing of groups, now," the bell rings, "I'll see you all again in Monday. Class is dismissed," Maya groans, and throws her head back as though it physically pains her to not get what she wants.

I walk up to her grin, "You heard the man, I'll see you Monday,".

"If you show up," she sneers, and I smile.

"Oh, I'll show up. Just for you," and with that, I walk out the door and head to my next class, leaving her standing alone in a state of disbelief.

"Have your fun?" Comes a voice.

I turn around and find none other than Elliott standing behind me.

"With the blonde chick? Yeah, I guess," I smile, and Elliott scrunches his eyebrows while his fists clench.

"How do you sleep at night?" He asks, and I stiffen at the question.

"What the hell is up with you, that was nothing,"

"What's up with me, is that you were blatantly teasing that chick in there, after blatantly fucking Mallory last night, all the while you can't seem to let Fawn near anyone of the opposite sex. That's it.That's my problem." He says, and I stand in shock.

"How do you know about Mallory?" I ask.

"I have my ways,"

"You son of a bitch," I swear, muscles flexing as he stands still.

"All I want, is for you to quit acting like a fucking warden when you're around Fawn. You don't own her, she isn't 'yours'. She isn't anyone's, so quit pretending like you're her fucking guardian when you go fucking and flirting with other girls all the damn time." He concluded his statement, and walks off before I can say a word.

A few seconds later I hear a door shut behind me.

I look behind my shoulder and sure enough it's Maya, and she's charging straight for me.

"Fuck you." She says before slapping me, and walking down the hallway.

For what seemed like a split second, maybe less, I felt a rush of adrenaline course through my veins. I don't know why, how, or even exactly when.

All I know is that her slap hurt like hell.
That no girl had ever had the guts to stand up to me like that.
And that her back is pressed to the wall behind her, while she pants like she just ran a marathon.
And that I felt like I ran one too.

All I want is to know who, she, is.
Because she, she, was suddenly someone I couldn't seem to look away from.

≫ ≫ ≫

QUESTIONS:

What did you think of this chapter?

What do you think of Maya? Hazel?

How Lawrence and Maya interacted?

Thoughts on Elliott's conversation with Lawrence?

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I am so sorry for how late this is uploaded, but your bitch Tat is one forgetful girl. I also really want to say THANK YOU TO ALL THE NEWBIES! Sorry, if you're offended by me calling you a newbie, lol. But anyways, the first chapter of this book just hit a thousand reads, which has never happened on any of my books, and we're nearly at 10K reads total! So yay! I also really want to say that this book is full of surprises, and ups and downs, and twists and turns, and it's my book, so make sure to be open minded to any new elements because it is what I think will be best for the book in the end. Thank you yet again!
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share with our fellow Wattpadians!
- tat <3

≫    ≫   ≫