25 | everything has changed

Episode 25:
EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

≫ ≫ ≫

E L L I O T T ' S P O V :

I couldn't fall asleep last night. It seemed that no matter what position I was in, how I forced myself to breath, the sleeping pill I swallowed down, or the number I counted up to.

I couldn't take my mind off of her, it was constantly racing. Struggling to control whatever emotions were currently flowing wild like a hurricane destroying every sound thought I had managed to build up these past few days. The thoughts about her at least, the way things have changed between us.

I mean, everything has changed.

She has a brother.
An asshole of a brother, more than that.

God, it just makes me want to run over to her and ask her what else she's been hiding from me.
And then that thought makes me want to hurt myself for being so self centered.

Besides her brother, just, how we act in general.

It was always so easy to say I hated Fawn. But did I ever really hate her?

Because, for the life of me I can't even remember a time I was mad at her. Ever.
She just told me she has a secret member of her fucking family and I didn't even say anything!

And yet I always find a way to bicker with her. Maybe it's just the easiest way to talk to her, because God if she isn't intimidating than I don't know who is. I really don't.

My fist pounds down on the window sill of my room, and I can't help but feel my bones rattling with a need for her to be near me right now. Tell me that all this, whatever this fucking is – is stupid and immature, and the spawn of my hatred toward Lawrence bloody Briggs because if this is real.

If this new, yet too familiar, feeling is real then I'm a goner.

I pull on a sweatshirt after flicking on the lights of my room waking Daka.

"What the hell man?" He yawns, not bothering to sit up as he shifts in his half conscious state.

"I'll be back," I mutter, "If Mom comes in and I'm not here tell her I'm at Kaiser's."

"You hate that guy,"

"She doesn't know that," I leave a crack in the door as I lean back in to say a quick goodbye.

"Don't die." Daka calls out sleepily, and I nod my head quickly before pulling my head out of the room and closing the door completely.

As the floor creaks beneath my feet, I make my way towards the front door. My heart rate increases every time I hear the haunting groan come from the cold wood underneath me, but I keep on walking nonetheless. What I'm doing is important. I have to remind myself that this is what I need to keep sane.

Her telling me how insane I am.
I know she'll deliver, she's smarter than me.

With one quick look around the small space I take my first steps out into the hallway, holding my breath the entire time I open the door to get there. Once my sock clad feet hit carpet I take a deep exhale and inhale before pulling out the Lockhart's house key from the top of their doorframe. It's their backup.