Strike a Pose - Dick Grayson x Reader

Dick Grayson x Reader: You are a photo journalist for the Gotham Gazette and you are doing an fluff piece on the Batfamily. You are trying get a clear photo of each and every single one of them for the purpose of this article. You have been successful in getting most of the family with the exception of the head bat himself and Nightwing. In a brilliant stroke of luck you came across Nightwing while getting some air on a Gotham rooftop. 

Superheroes are your passion. Ever since you were a little girl you remember idolizing vigilante heroes. When you were in elementary school you said that you wanted to be Wonder Woman when you grew up. Sadly you eventually outgrew that dream but that didn't stop you from looking up to heroes like those in the Justices League.

When a colleague of yours came to your with an idea for a collaboration that would take a more intimate look at Gotham's heroes, you couldn't jump on board the project fast enough. The goal of the article was to profile the bat vigilantes closer than anyone had gotten before. She would do all the research and investigative work and your job was to get clear and amazing photos of as many of them as you could.

You spent weeks tracking them all down which usually entailed long nights and hanging out on rainy Gotham roof tops. Red Hood was easy enough to find, if not a bit dangerous for yourself. Everywhere he went seemed to more often than not turn into a shooting gallery. But late one night you finally caught up to his trail to find him confronting a teenager who he just caught trying to steal some tires off of a parked car. You observed with your camera poised as you saw him sit the boy down and talk to him. Rather than apprehend the boy and take him down like you had expected based on his rough hands on style that he had exhibited before, he took off his helmet and set it facing you on the curb. He sat there and had a heart to heart with the boy-thief who was still gasping at his wrench. You snapped a photo of the moment before discreetly leaving the scene.

The next one you managed to find was Robin. He was much harder to track down but you managed to pick up reports from the crime division of the Gazette of related crimes that Robin had pursued recently. You were eventually able to catch him after the action had gone down. He was leaving the warehouse where he had cornered an organized crime group, you followed him discreetly as he cut through a park. Suddenly he stopped and your palms started to sweat terrified that you had been caught but he didn't turn towards you but towards a bush where he had heard something rustling. Leaning down, he picked what he revealed to be an injured puppy. He cradled the poor creature in his arms, looking down at the whimpering fur ball with more softness in his features than you had ever seen from someone in the bat family of heroes. You discreetly took a photo of this tender moment before walking out of the park and to your home, feeling satisfied with the progress that you had made with this project.

You next were able to catch up with Red Robin. This was done by near dumb luck. You happened to be sitting out on the rooftop of the Gotham Gazette one night when a dim light caught your attention from a distance. To a normal person it would be written off as nothing but you were actively searching the Gotham skyline for anything out of the ordinary. You pulled your camera out as well as your zoom extension. You zoomed into the dim light you thought you saw and laughed at your luck. There, sitting cross legged on a freaking gargoyle was Red Robin. He was focused intently on the computer in his lap as he typed away furiously at the keyboard. You took the shot.

Your collaborator called you not long after and told you about a tip that she received from a cop she was close with that Nightwing was close by and still out at work. You took the train to the part of town where he was spotted last and got ontop of the tallest building that you could get access to a couple of blocks from where he had been spotted by your collaborators source. You sat there for a while watching the rooftops with a eagle eye, your camera poised and ready hanging around your neck.