chapter 32

The three of them climbed back onto the black crystals, when it was moving back upward, Kadrid let out a sigh of relief. When the black crystals stopped at the very top they all climbed down from it and headed home together. They walked much faster then before, hoping to save them a day or two off of this journey back to the dungeon tower. Once they had gotten back to the ashen forest path, Kadrid asked to stop walking for a minute.

"What's the matter Kadrid?" Pandora aked, alarmed something may have been wrong.

"I wish to fly. It's been a while and I'd like to stretch out my wings for a bit." She replied.

Both the sorceress and the dragon looked over to Salem. He didn't care for flying and they all knew it. After a moment of uncomfortable silence, he answered them.

"If it will make you happy, dragon. We'll fly."

The dragon leaned down and waited for them to climb on to her back. Once the sorceress and her warlock were safely on her back she found a small hill to climb up, spead her wings and took flight. She loved it. It was exhilerating to be in the air, the sense of freedom taking over as if she could do anything she wished for. She flew hard and fast, dipping in and out of the clouds. At this very moment in time she could not have been happier. Pandora was safe with them, she had her warlock there with her as well. They were on thier way home even if it took them weeks she didn't care. It didn't matter. All she needed in life was right there with her. She flew for the next few hours, getting them out of a few of the rougher looking forests, the dragon eventually landed so they could take a break.

"I think maybe we should camp here for the night." Salem commented.

"I think you're right, we made it pretty far in a few hours." Pandora replied.

"I'll take us much further tomorrow, when I'm not so tired." Kadrid offered before curling up and going to sleep.

The dragon was fast asleep and in a deep snore within minutes. Pandora and Salem had cuddled up together under the star filled skies. The two were perfectly happy knowing that they were going to be alright. Everything was going to be fine from here on out.

"How long do you think it will take us to get back to the tower dungeon?' Pandora whispered to him, trying not to wake the dragon.

"It depends on if we run into any trouble, get hurt or lost along the way." Salem replied.

"If we don't run into any problems along the way how long do you think it will take?" She persisted, reminding him of Kadrid.

"A week maybe less than that give or take. Possibly less than that if we're lucky." He replied.

"That doesn't sound too bad. Perhaps we had better get some sleep." She replied.

"I think that's a fine idea." He replied as the two of them got comfortable on a soft patch of earth not too far from the slumbering dragon.

�Cr��v�