chapter 41

chapter 41 the next morning

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." The dragon told her.

"It's okay, no harm done." She replied, getting up from a long night of sleep.

As she stretched the warlock woke from the sound of Kadrid and the sorceress. He too got up and stretched. He stood up and looked around the forest. The sun had barley risen in the bright clear sky. He was half awake, but remembered they were getting very close to home. After another ten minutes passed by them, the dragon just looked at him, then she spoke up.

"Are you two ready to get moving?" She asked patiently.

"I'd say so. The sooner the better." He replied.

"Shall we fly again?"

"Would you mind if we walk for a little?" He asked her.

"Will I get to fly again soon?"

"Yes, I'd like to walk just a few miles, that's all."

"I'd be okay with that." Agreed the dragon.

The three of them hiked through the forest, once they had walked the better part of an hour he agreed to let the dragon fly them . He had a feeling they were nearly there. The forest seemed to be vaguely famillar to him as well as his little dragon. When he had told her she could start flying, she thanked him. She found a place to leap into the air quickly, and they set off into the bright sky. Kadrid flew faster than her usual speed, flying alongside a few diffrent birds. She was more than eager to get them home safe. She loved her home as well as her little family. She flew diligently for the next two hours, then suddenly let out a squeal of joy. She saw something in the horizon.

"Salem I see it! I see it! " She called back to him.

" You see what?" He asked.

"I see the tip of the mountain near our home, just past the horizon."

"Go then, as fast as you want to."

"You two had better hold on tight."

"I can't believe it." Pandora added.

"I'm so glad to finally see our enchanted forest." The warlock stated.

"It'll be nice to sleep in a real bed again." The sorceress told him

"I missed that too." Salem agreed with her.

"How long do you think it will take from here?" Pandora asked, curious.

"I'd say thirty minutes." He informed her.

Kadrid flew faster and harder than she had before, wanting to get home faster than the warlock had assumed. She flew like a lightning bolt across the skies, passing by the mountain in a flash of colors. The dragon flew so fast that she had reached the tower in nineteen minutes instead of thirty. She even impressed herself. When she landed right next to their long awaited destination, the warlock and sorceress dismounted the dragon immediatley.

"I can't believe we're back, I feel like im dreaming." Pandora exclaimed.

" No you're not dreaming, we're really home." He told her.

Once they all made it inside, Kadrid found her favorite resting spot near the fireplace and went to sleep with a big smile.

"She has got to be worn out from all of this." Pandora commented, followed by a soft giggle.

"Now we're home what should we do first?" He asked her.

"What sounds good to you?" She asked him.

"Give me five minutes and get comfortable."

"Sure, that sounds good." She replied as he left the room.

It took her all of three seconds to get cozy . She loved it here. When it came to his place she truly felt at home here, as if this is where her soul belonged. Salem walked swiftly into the kitchen and grabbed a few nessesities. He held them behind his back. When he returned to her she smiled at him.

"What have you got there?"

He set down the bottle of wine and two glasses. He used his magic wand and popped open the cork . pouring the two glasses full, he handed the first one to her.

"A toast, to being home."

She agreed, clinking their glasses together. They spent most of the afternoon relaxing with the wine and each other until they were too exhausted to stay awake any longer. Salem walked her to the guest room and kissed her goodnight.That moment he knew his life would never be the same again. He couldn't be happier about it.

The end

Thank you for reading my story. it means a lot to me.

dedicated to my three children Stephen, Matthew and Mia Raven.