Return to Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

She smiled. "Always a pleasure, Professor Dumbledore," she answered.

"Merlin's beard," Newt exclaimed suddenly, "I've been meaning to ask." He lowered his voice. "I'm a bit concerned about the, er, Chamber of Secrets," he murmured. "I think Hogwarts wouldn't have to worry if you'd give me a go at taming the beast. I'm almost certain it's a basilisk."

Dumbledore shook his head, chuckling. "As I recall, you were a Hufflepuff," Dumbledore reminded him. "An heir must open the chamber. But I'm certain if anyone could tame it, it'd be you. Though I think it's better the students don't find out about it," he continued. Newt looked up, and saw the entire classroom's eyes were locked on their conversation.

"Right, well, can I at least get a look at my squid guarding Hogwarts?" Newt asked, smiling. "I've missed him."

"Certainly, if you'd teach a class as well. The Care of Magical Creatures Class isn't quite as interesting without someone who has a clue of what's going on," Dumbledore said sadly.

"Well, I'd love to teach a class," Newt said excitedly, "If Tina could help me. She knows quite a bit herself."

Red colored to her cheeks as Dumbledore turned to her, curious. "Very well," he said, smiling at Newt. "Now I see why you two are together. Well, come along, the next class is about to start. Class dismissed!" Dumbledore called, and turned to Tina. "No one was listening to my Transfiguration lesson anyways," he waved off as Tina laughed.

Newt and Tina walked into a classroom and led the class outside with Dumbledore to the front of the school. "If you're alright with it, I'd like to get them up close," Newt murmured. He smiled and nodded.

"Students! This is Newt Scamander and his wife, Tina Scamander," Dumbledore announced. "They will be teaching your Care of Magical Creatures class today, and I believe you'll be getting a hands-on view today." The students started whispering excitedly, and the girls started to swoon at the sight of Newt. Tina rolled her eyes.

"What creature?" Newt asked Tina. "You get to pick."

Tina smiled. "Is that even a question?"

"Right, occamies, so the first thing to know about them is that they shrink and grow to fill spaces," he began. He gestured to Tina. "Well, this is really her area of expertise."

Tina stepped forward. "Occamies are very rare. They are extremely beautiful creatures and their shells are often hunted because they're made of silver. There's other facts I could tell you, but the gist of it is that today, we're going to teach you what to do if one attacks you." Then she smiled.

"Alright, everyone in the case!"

All the student's jaws dropped as they got to go into the case, looking around at the stunning landscape around them. She led them over to the grove, and got out the teapot and Newt delicately selected an insect.

"Ready?" Newt murmured, his eyes unintentionally smoldering.

She smiled. "Knowing our luck, it'll go wrong," she admitted.

He smiled and disappeared. She whirled around, only to feel his arms wrap around her and he kissed her neck. All the girls in the group sighed, and Tina felt her heart melt.

"Get off, we're teaching!" she weakly protested, and then he reluctantly set her on the ground. He carefully let out an occamy and they demonstrated how to catch it. The students started taking turns.