The Beginning

"Oh my Mercy Lewis!"

Ugh Newt thought tiredly as he rolled over on the couch, but then found that he couldn't. There was something on his arm. He reluctantly opened his eyes and found Tina's head resting on his arm, and her arms placed delicately on his chest. His eyes widened and realized they had fallen asleep. However, he found himself reluctant to change the position. Then he scolded himself, because Queenie was staring at him.

He looked at her, who obviously was reading his mind and her eyes widened as well.

"She was drunk?" Queenie said, surprised. "That's never happened before!" She looked accusingly at him.

Now it was Newt's turn to be surprised. "Wait, but didn't she go to a bar last night ? I mean, I just assumed-"

Queenie's face tightened, and her jaw flexed. "Teenie. She lied again. Sorry, didn't mean to accuse you." She glared at Tina's carefree expression as she slept on.

Queenie turned to Newt. "Well, what are you waiting for? Wake her up!"

"Right, sorry, of course-" he decided to just stop talking and wake her up. He gently whispered "Tina? Tina, wake up, it's Newt, Tina..." he kept murmuring until she slowly opened her eyes. She smiled drowsily at his face. He couldn't help letting a small smile escape until Tina blinked and then she seemed to realize what was happening. Her expression changed, and then she leapt up and ran to the bathroom.

Queenie squeezed her eyes shut, waving the air in front of her face. "I really didn't want to know what she was doing."

His thoughts turned confused. Did he do something? Was them staring at each other so repulsive to her? He didn't understand.

Queenie's face softened, and she started giggling. "Oh, Newt," Queenie said light heartedly. "Tina is currently experiencing a very unpleasant hangover. It isn't you. Aw, that's so sweet!" she said, going through his thoughts.

Newt didn't think he ever had been so red. But he still seemed to get something out of the night. He had to admit. Having Tina in his arms, maybe hadn't been the worst thing in the world. He bowed his head and excused himself to his room. What he was really concerned about was before she passed out. Where did Tina go last night? he thought worriedly.

***
Tina lay on the bathroom floor, a pillow and a glass of water next to her on the tile. Wow. What a morning. And night. This couldn't be happening. She didn't remember any of the information from last night. All that work for nothing. She sighed. Now she had to go back to the club again. And not get drunk- but she was still wondering how in the world she had ended up falling asleep in Newt's arms.

Mercy Lewis, she fell asleep with Newt last night.

Oh no. No, no, no. This couldn't be happening. She didn't have a clue what happened after she got home. What did she say? Oh no. What if she did something? Or he did? What if she started saying things that she didn't mean? Or worse, actually meant? What could he possibly be thinking right now?

She had promised herself she would not use her sisters gift to her advantage, but this seemed pretty important. Then again, better not to dwell.

Ugh. Here we go again. She hated being sick. She promised herself she would never drink again.

She laid her head onthe cold floor, staring at blank ceiling. She heard a knock at the door. "Go away, Queenie," she called.