Sisterly Love

Newt was beyond happy.

He felt extraordinarily lucky to be on a boat, headed towards the islands of the Caribbean, watching New York's city lights fade away, with Tina leaning on his shoulder.

"Hey," he said gently, shaking her awake. "We should get checked into our room."

She opened her eyes. "Oh yeah," she said, smiling groggily. "Okay."

He smiled and held her hand as they walked, and she slowly started to wake up as they made their way over to get their room key.

"Good evening," the man said at the desk, not looking up at them. "How can I help you?"

"Um, room key," Newt said. The man still didn't look at them. "Names?"

"Newt Scamander," Newt answered. The man looked up. "The Newt Scamander?"

Newt was taken back. "Sorry?"

"The guy who wrote that creatures book everyone's raving about?" he asked, excited.

"Erm, well, yes," Newt said, still surprised. "How did you-"

"Can you sign my book?" he begged, taking out a copy of the book. Newt straightened himself out. "Of course," he answered, getting out a pen and taking the book from his hands. "But sir, how did you get-"

"Make it out to Alexander Meadows," he said, a smile spreading across his face. "Wow, I can't believe I'm meeting Newt Scamander!" He held out his hand. "Very nice to meet you sir."

Newt shook it. "Um, how did you get this book?" he asked, trying to hide the anger that was in his mind.

"I just bought it a couple days ago," Alexander said, surprised. "At the bookshop, downtown. It was packed by the way," he added, oblivious to Newt's face.

He saw that Tina had noticed his expression. He quickly looked away. "Really," he asked, attempting to obscure his increasing annoyance at someone who was about to get a very angry call.

"Anyways, here's your room key for you and your Mrs. Scamander, I assume?" he said, winking.

Both of their faces turned very red, and Newt shifted uncomfortably. "Actually, this is my Tina Goldstein- I mean, Tina Goldstein," he stumbled over his words.

"Ah," Alex said knowingly. "You're waiting, huh? Don't keep her waitin too long, though," he said, smiling as he handed Newt the room key.

"Okay, yep, thanks, we're going now," Newt said, embarrassed as he quickly snatched the room key. They walked away from the desk and started walking towards the stairs to their room.

"Well, Mr. Scamander," Tina said, hiding a smile. "You going to tell me why you looked so upset?" she asked teasingly.

He shook his head, giving her an embarrassed smile. "Oh, come on," she persisted, taking his arm and hooking hers around his as they walked down the hall. "You heard Alex. Don't keep me waiting too long," she teased.

"Alright," he said, giving in. "I asked my manager not to release the book for a little while longer," he finally said.

"Why?" she asked, slowing their walk as they got to the door.

Newt felt his heart pounding, and he debated saying another explanation to save his pride, but he knew Tina would see right through him.