Her Choice

Newt watched nervously as he held Tina's hand from his kneeling position.

Then she did the one thing that completely changed his life.

She started nodding her head and laughing, and he tilted his head at first, confused at what she meant, until he realized she was saying yes, and he was caught off guard as she pulled his hand in and kissed him deeply.

He fit his hands around her waist, and he felt her arms around his neck, and he couldn't believe he finally had Tina to himself. She pulled away and looked at him, and he smiled back, but refused to change his position. Neither did she. He looked adoringly back at how stunningly beautiful she was against the sunset.

"So, you never quite gave me an answer," Newt accused teasingly, and she smiled.

"Yes," she said firmly, and pulled him down to the ground as she kissed him again.

"Woah, wait a second, I can't breathe," Newt protested between kissing her back and attempting to breath. She lay down on the ground, exhausted from the day.

"Sorry," she smiled, as he lay down next to her, holding her hand. "Just excited," she said happily.

"Well," he shrugged. "If you weren't, I'd be concerned," he admitted.

"Let me see the ring," she said excitedly. He smiled as he pulled out the black velvet box, and opened it. He delicately pulled the ring out and slid the elegant silver ring onto her smooth and flawless finger, and he could swear she was glowing with beauty. He had never felt so much love for her at one time.

"Wow," Tina breathed, her eyes locked on the ring. "Where did you get this?"

"Well, I had some help, but I made it," he admitted. "It's actually made from some of the silver from the occamy shells."

She looked at him in wonder. "That's incredible Newt," she said softly. She looked adoringly at the ring. "Now it's sort of like having the creatures with me wherever I go," she realized. "It's perfect."

"To be perfectly honest, I'm just relieved I got on your finger," he said. "I was afraid that Grindelwald was going to attack again, but I guess third times the charm."

"It is nice not to be attacked once in a while," Tina confessed. She sat up, facing him. "So, what now?"

He shifted uncomfortably. "Well, I guess that's up to you," he said, feeling satisfied as her face lit up.

"Could we-" Tina stopped.

"What?" Newt asked. She looked out into the ocean. He took her face in his hands, cradling it delicately, trying to get her to look at him. She looked down, avoiding his gaze.

"Tina," he murmured knowingly. "We can do whatever you want," he promised. He kissed her hand, and she moaned.

"Fine," she said, slapping her hand away. "And stop distracting me! It isn't fair, coaxing me, by the way," she accused. He smirked.

"Consider it payback for all the times you've done it to me," he countered, and she laughed.

"I don't think I was doing it intentionally," she said innocently, looking away and hiding a smile.

"Oh really?" He raised his eyebrow, guarding himself as Tina swatted his arm. "Tina, tell me. Please, the suspense is killing me."