Runaways

Tina was shaken awake. She groggily opened her eyes, and then closed them. "Go away," she mumbled to who she assumed was Queenie.

There was silence. She opened her eyes and sat up. Queenie was next to her, and she put a finger to her lips and pointed to the corner of the room, where Newt was asleep on the chair close to her.

"He refused to go home," Queenie whispered, almost bursting with excitement. "He said he wanted to stay with you!"

Tina looked at Newt, all of his worry lines that were more and more often on his face vanished from his expression. She couldn't help but feel happy that her health meant that much to him.

"So," Queenie said, putting her hands on her hips. "When are you going to explain what happened?" she said, anger filling her features, and Tina could tell she was about to start a rant, sneaking a worried glance to see if Newt had stirred.

"Tina, I've been freaking out. We had no clue where to find you, or look for you. Do you have any idea how absolutely horrifying it is to have Newt come back after he went to his apartment to get his creatures, come without you, and I'm reading his mind, and all he can think is "She's gone," and so that's all that I can think about, and I'm afraid that you've been killed because people always want to kill you because you're an auror and I never know if you'll come back home- " She put her hand to her temple, closing her eyes.

"Hey," Tina said gently. "I'm okay. You're okay. Everything is okay," she assured her sister. Queenie opened her eyes. "I know, I'm sorry," she said. "I just-don't want to lose my best friend." She smiled through her tears.

"Favorite sister," Tina added, giving her a hug.

"Only sister," Queenie corrected, laughing. Suddenly Tina was reminded of what Newt had said when he found her.

Queenie popped right up. "Spill."

Tina blushed. "Queenie!" she hissed. "He's right there!"

She waved it aside. "He's not awake. Now go."

"The date, my kidnapping, or the rescue?" Tina shook her head, dizzy. "Wow, never thought I'd be saying that sentence."

"Everything!" Queenie said impatiently. "And leave no details out, I want to know it all or I'll read your mind," she threatened.

Tina laughed at her sister's impatience. She began to tell her about the first date with Newt, which seemed so long ago went, and how he had set up a balcony separate from everyone else, and how he had invited her to travel with him. And still, her heart seemed to burst as she remembered how he had been so nervous but eager to say it. Then she got to how Mason was working with Grindelwald as a spy for getting information about MACUSA.

"I knew I didn't like him," Queenie exclaimed.

"Queenie, you said you loved his outfit and his hair and his-"

"I always liked Newt more though," Queenie said, dismissing Mason. "Now keep going!"

However, when she got to the part about Leta, Queenie frowned. "What was she doing with him?" Queenie said suspiciously.

"I don't know," Tina answered, starting to get troubled by the question herself.

"Huh. Well, finish. I can tell a good part's coming because you're starting to blush again."