3

"siyeon!!"

the tunnel was... beautiful. the lights were on and it was so nice. i had never been here at night but night just made it so much cooler.

i ran to jaemin. "jaemin, how'd you know that this was such a nice tunnel at night?"

"i walk here after school. but the thing is, sometimes i have training, so it would already be dark out. and that's when i saw the tunnel's hidden beauty."

i was still shook, looking at all the lights. the tunnel was echo-y so i screamed random words and made it echo. i'm a weird child.

jaemin grabbed my hand again. "come on, let's go on the bridge." i noticed that his hood was on. he never put his hood on at school, but he always had a jacket over his uniform. it makes sense, since SM entertainment probably wants him to have vampire skin by debut. but the hood made him look... cute- no, never mind.

the bridge was pretty at night too. i already knew because cars went under it, actually. the bridge was a part of the trail that circled the neighborhood and you could bike or run on it. it went over a street that goes straight to my school, so everyone knows this bridge. i would always pass by it after training more than after school. and by then, i would see the lights on, and it was just too aesthetic.

he looks out to the freeway. "siyeon, have you been on here?"

"no, not exactly.. only during the day time."

"it's really nice here. sometimes after training, i just walk here and just chill since no one goes on here at night. everyone's either inside or at the park."

"maybe i should consider going here more with you." the "with you" spat out. i didn't mean to-

"really? ok!" he smiled.

i smiled, but then i looked out to the freeway. i had to say it.

"na jaemin."

"?"

"you used to move schools so much as a child right?"

"yeah.. "

"i wish i was like you. i hated my old school. my mother had signed a contract since my sister moved there, that her newborn, which was me, would stay there until high school."

"wow.. but why is that bad?"

"because i was stuck seeing the same people. i was bullied. no one liked me. i had no friends by 6th grade. i wanted to move so badly, but there was no chance. plus, the new principal was evil, and she knew i wanted to at least change classes, but she wanted me to suffer."

"damn.. so how did you escape?"

"my old home was terminated. it was determined bad luck by the local feng shui that we've trusted so long, that this time, we really believed them. i was suffering. my sister didn't get into her dream college. my cousins lost their jobs. my dog almost ran away. my grandpa passed away. then we finally decided to let go of the thought of the contract and my mom burned it. we immediately moved here."

silence.

"w-wow. i mean moving is annoying, but it wasn't bad. i didn't lose friends, jobs, or even family members. you've got through a lot, you know siyeon." he put his hand on my back.

"i guess.." i say quietly. suddenly, tears start coming. i always have silent tears unless i've fallen hardly and then it really hurts. jaemin looks at me. he hugs me.

did he just-

he's smiling. "you're so ugly when you cry." i laugh and hug him tighter. he kisses me on the forehead.

"you've never this nice to people whenever i see you." i say.

"it's because i like you, you idiot."

i cry more. tears of joy. i didn't know he liked me. there were no hints, no flirting, nothing. of course i had liked him, but i already knew that it wasn't gonna work since he was going to sm entertainment.

"me too, you stupid." i say, trying to mimic krystal of f(x). he kisses me again, but sort of on the lips. i was still crying, but jaemin kept on singing lullabys, i couldn't stop laughing. i really like this idiot, don't i.