1

Zayn walked a bit faster down the nearly empty corridor. He hated being late, especially to Mr. Beckhams class, but Starbucks was crowded and he never failed to bring Mr. Beckham his early morning Starbucks, and he didn’t plan on starting today. Mr. Beckham was one of those professors that had a good relationship with most students, and Zayn happened to be his favorite, as he was Zayns favorite professor.

Zayn finally made it into the door, right before the bell rung, and walked straight to Mr. Beckhams desk. He handed the bagel and coffee over, then turned to head back to his own seat. On his way to the back, his foot caught on the back of his other leg and he stumbled, placing his hands out and catching himself on one of the tables in front of him, making everyone in the room giggle at his clumsiness. It wasn’t like it was anything new for Zayn to do something like that, but everyone always found it funny that he could be so attractive and still so clumsy and uncoordinated, even Mr. Beckham couldn’t help but laugh every time Zayn did something like that.

“Good job, as always, Mr. Malik.” The professor joked, not even trying to hide his amusement.

Zayn nodded, turning red, and said, “Pleasure entertaining you all, as always, Mr. Beckham.” The class laughed louder at his usual comeback. He was so unbelievably awkward, and no one understood how, not with his outward appearance. But, Zayn was weird like that, and his class loved him.

“Alright, today we’ll be discussing the different labor laws across the country and what they mean for different types of businesses.” Mr. Beckham began, walking to the front of the room and starting the lecture.

Zayn loved business law, and he dutifully took notes and did everything he was told to do for this class, and more. It didn’t help that Mr. Beckham was actually quite attractive, really nice, and extremely helpful. He was an all around great teacher, and was always doing his best to make sure his students had all of the information that they needed, not only to pass the expensive course, but also to give them a good chance at finding a career in business.

Zayn took notes as his professor talked, answering any questions that he could along the way. At the end of class, Mr. Beckham asked Zayn to stay behind and talk to him for a bit. Zayn did so, and when everyone was out of the class, he carefully walked up to Mr. Beckhams desk, managing to stay upright.

“Zayn, I found a very fitting opportunity for you, I think. I know you’re very dedicated to business, and I have a friend that works for a successful company, and he said that they’re looking for new employees, but you’ll have to go through an internship first. Do you think you’d be interested?”

Zayn thought for a moment, wondering if he’d even qualify. “I don’t know, Mr. Beckham. I mean, I’d love to, but I’m not too sure if I could do it and not mess anything up.”

Mr. Beckham nodded, understanding Zayns fears. He knew how Zayn was, shy and awkward, and didn’t want to put him in an uncomfortable position. “Well, just thought I’d let you know that you do have the option. Here, I’ll give you the companys address and number, you just do with that what you please.” The professor jotted down the information on a post it note and handed it to Zayn, who thanked him and left.

XXX

Zayn goes home to the flat he rents with his best friend, Anthony, who was majoring in marketing. Ant was a bit older than Zayn, and had always lived in the small town of Wolverhampton, where he and Zayn attended Uni together. When he got in later that morning, Zayn asked Anthony if he knew anything about Payne Inc., the company his professor had told him about.

“Oh, yeah, only a bit, though. They’re kinda new, but big.” Ant went on telling Zayn everything that he knew about the company. “I think you should do it, it would be a good thing for you.” Ant said, nodding his approval.

Zayn hummed and went down the hall to his bedroom. He sat on the edge of his bed and pulled out his laptop. Once he was on the Google homepage, Zayn typed in Payne Inc. For a while, Zayn just researched the company, deciding whether or not he’d go in and try to get the internship.

In the end, he realized that to get ahead and have a better chance of pursuing his career, that he couldn’t dare pass up a chance like this.

He got up and checked to make sure that he still looked presentable. When he was sure he was okay, he walked back into the sitting room of the flat and told Ant he was going to try to land the internship. Ant wished him luck and Zayn walked out and got into his car.

After about thirty minutes of driving, Zayn came to the big company building. He pulled into the car park and took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves. He got out and walked into the expansive building, going to the front desk and telling the receptionist that he was here to see about getting an internship. She nodded and picked up the phone, dialing a few numbers. Finally someone answered and she asked for a Mr. Payne to come to the reception area, because someone needed his assistance. When she hung up, she told Zayn to take a seat in a chair and that Mr. Payne would be right with him.

Zayn did as she said, and not too long after, a man, not young, but not too aged, came into the lobby. He looked straight at Zayn, who turned a bright red color and stood up.

“I’m assuming you’re the young man who inquired about the internship with my company?” He asked, smiling politely.

“Yes, sir. I’m Zayn Malik. My business law professor recommended that I come and see you.”

Mr. Payne nodded and introduced himself as Geoff Payne, CEO of Payne Incorporated. He took Zayn into an office and interviewed him.

When they were done, Geoff got up and shook Zayn’s hand. “Alrighty, Mr. Malik. I think we can set up a schedule that would work with your schooling, as well. I’ll contact the administrator and let them know about our agreement. How does half of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, as well as all of Tuesday and Thursday sound?”

Zayn nodded wordlessly, still shocked that he got the job so quickly.

“Alright, you’ll be working with my son, Liam. He’s the general manager of the company. He’ll let you know of his duties, as well as yours, tomorrow. It would be today, but he has a meeting at the moment, so it’ll have to wait. But thanks for coming in, and good luck. Have a nice day, Mr. Malik.” Mr. Payne sat back down and took a phone call, so Zayn assumed that was his cue to leave.

XXX

Once he was back home, Zayn plopped himself down on the couch next to his best friend.

“So, did you get it?” Anthony asked, not looking away from the tv.

Zayn nodded and said, “Yeah, but I fell when I was walking out of the building and I’m pretty sure they regret giving it to me now that they see that I can’t stay on my feet.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hiiii! Okay, so I loved the positive repsonse I got for this story! It wasn't gonna happen today, but I made it happen cause you guys are amazing! So, here ya go! Second day of anniversayr week, loving it!

I know it's sort of slow and eh, but it'll get better soon, I swear! Let me know what you guys think?

Dedicated to Charity cause she's my hoe and I love her!