Chapter 53: Jacob

Jacob POV

        Earlier, Craig had informed me that King wanted to see me. Truthfully I wasnt up for it but I knew it would just make him mad and start a whole bunch of bs that could've been avoided so I decided to go.
        It was around midnight when I realized it was time for me to go. I grabbed my keys and tried as quietly as possible to sneak out the house. It worked perfectly. I got in my car and found my way over to King's house. Going inside I was angry and irritated and not really up for any bullshit, so whatever they want they better make it quick.

"Nice to see you Jacob. I give you my condolences on your grandpaarents" King said

"Yeah thanks." I say bluntly.

"You know you lose people in life. I've lost many of loved ones throughout my years and--"

"Can you just tell me why you need me and what you want me to do so I can go please" I say being very clear that I wasn't playing no more games. I knew cutting him off could anger him but I don't care. I'm ready to be out

"Fair enough. It's just the usual"

"So why couldn't you text that to me?"

"You really need to watch who you speaking to son" King ordered. I just chuickled and rubbed my index and middle fingers along my temples

"I'm sure. You gonna give me the stuff or not because I'm getting a headache just standing here"

"SHut up. Here boy. FInd Craig and peace out. He somewhere in here. And I'm done with all this nickname shit so you are now Jacob and he's Craig."

"Whatever" I say slinging the bag over my shoulder and heading back upstairs from the basement.

"Yo Craig!" I say looking for him. I walk into the living room and see him flicking through channels. On right now was the news about my grandparents."

"And breaking news, there has been a lead to the double homicide case of the Perez couple." A news reporter says as she is standing in front Louise's Bar. "As you can see here in this video taken by an ATM camera, you can see a tall figure walking up to the pay phone across the road. According to officials a 911 call was placed from that phone, regarding the murder, from who is expected to be the murderer. As the figure walks away from the telephone you can see he heads foward. A witness says that a young male wearing the exact clothes walked into his bar late that night. Here he is now owner of Louise's Bar. What can you tell us about this young male sir?" she says. She points her microphone toward Louise and just as he was beginning to speak Craig cut off the tv.

"No turn that back on!!!" i yelled

"Oh shit Jake I didn't even know you were right there"

"Yeah yeah yeah whatever, just turn the tv back on" Craig hesitated and the longer he took the more I wanted to rip his throat out. "Turn it on!!!' I shouted. He then cut it back on and sat back down

"That was very helpful Louise thank you. I'm Regina Foster with channel 10 news. Back to you Rick" she says before the screen switches over to a weather monitor. Angry and irritated i tell craig to come on and leave out the house. He slowly but surely follows and when he gets into the car he sees the tears coming from my eyes.

"Everything's cool bro"

"Cool? You think losing my grandparents is cool?"

"No not that, Jake you know what I mean"

"Yeah whatever" I say swiping the tear from my face and pulling out of the driveway. Man Fuck Life.

=========================================================================

Hi guys!!!

Another chapter. I know it's short but at least it's something. Right. Another one on the way. Possibly longer who knows

Love you guys!!!