Chapter 28: Surprise!!!

Chresanto POV

"Lucy I'm home!!!" i yelled, laughing as i remembered an 'I Love Lucy' show

"Who's Lucy?" Kia asked. I just patted her head and walked further into the house. I walked into the living room and was stop by an amazing surprise.

"MOMMY!!!!" Kia yelled running over to my mother. I just stood there in awe.

"Hi Kiara!" My mom hugged her back. I looked at Mary who was staring at Kia and my mom

"Chres look mommy's home" she said

"Yeah um, what are you doing here mom?" i asked still really confused

"Well, you didn't actually think I was going to miss the biggest game of your life did you?" she asked walking over to me and hugged me

"Actually, yeah I really did" i said hugging back

"Wow, that hurts. But i understand. You don't want me here I'll just fly back to Japan..."

"No, don't get me wrong I'm glad you're here and I want you to stay, it's just this is all so unexpected"

"Well you can thank Marissa for this"

"Mary? You did this?" Kia asked, reading my mind. She shook her head yes.

"But how" i asked

"Well, i grabbed my magic umbrella and flew to Japan in the middle of the night, grabbed your mom, brought her back here hid her in a closet until you came back"

"Wow! you really are Mary Poppins huh Mary?" kia asked

"No i was just kidding!" she laughed "But for real, Mel's boss is my house mother's brother" she explained as we all sat down.

"What?" i asked

"Melinda, your mom, her boss is my house mother's brother"

"What's a house mother?" kia asked

"the lady i lived with for four years. I babysat for both her and his children and they both owe me a favor so here's your mom" she smiled. I hugged her

"You are the best girlfriend ever" i kissed her.

"Alright alright enough of that" my mom said. "Now, back to what we were doing Mary"

My mom pulled out a really big book full of pictures of me and kia.

"No mom please don't" i begged.

"It's too late. I'm already half way through the book" Mary said. She opened the cover page and turned the book towards me. "I think these are the cutest pictures in here" I looked and it was a collage of pictures. A baby pic of me. One of me holding Kiara and another of me and Ray with gum in our hair.

"I love this one of you and Ray it's so cute" she pointed out. I rolled my eyes.

"He's the reason why i had to cut my ponytail. But he refused to cut his hair"

"So how'd he get the gum out?"

"Long story. Let's just say there was a lot of ice" i said. We continued going through embarassing pictures of me then my mom disappeared upstairs. Next thing I know she's walking downstairs with a box labelled

'Tapes'

"Mom what are those?" i asked im fear

"Oh nothing" she popped a tape into the VCR and pressed play. These videos were taken before the dvd was invented so yeah.

The video started playing and it was of my first birthday.

"Aww Chres, look at you!" mary giggled

"Yeah i was cute."

We fast foward it a little further and it was now at me learning how,to ride a two wheeler. My dad was helping and my mom was recording. It made me sad to think about my dad. I watched the video and smiled sadly at the memory.

Marissa POV

I watched the video and giggled when Chres fell off his bike. I looked around and all three Augusts were looking sad. Kia was sitting on her mom's lap with her head in the crook of her neck. Mel, was watching the video and i could see a tear forming. I looked at Chresanto who was toying with the silver chain around his neck. I was confused about what made them sad but when i looked at the video there was one person in there that wasn't here. Mr. August.

I didn't know what to do. So when the video ended i got up and took it out.

"Well, that was nice." i smiled trying to get them to lighten up

"Yeah, well Chres it's 2:30, what time does the game start?"Mel asked

"6:00, but coach wants us at the school by 4:00 since it's not a home game. The field we're going to is an hour away."

"Okay, i think me and Kiara are going to go shopping. What you think about that kia?" Mel asked. She wiped the tear from her face and put on a fake smile.

"Yeah, can we go to that pink princess store at the mall?"

"We sure can sweetheart" she grabbed Kia's hand, her purse and her keys."

"Chres, can you move your car so I can get mines out the garage?" she asked. I looked at Chres who was still in the same position. Silent.

"I'll do it for him" i said grabbing Chres's keys. We all walked outside

"Is he going to be okay?" i asked

"He was the closest one to Brian. When he died, it took Chres a long time to recover"

"Oh,"

"Just go in there and talk to him. We don't want him all sad on game day" she smiled while wiping a tear from her eye.

I got inside Chres's car and moved it out the way. Once they were gone i went back into the house and Chres was still sitting on the couch playing with his chain.

"Chres? Chresanto are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine"

I sat by him and played with his curls. I had got a notification on mu phone telling me that someone DM me on Twitter

Destiny_Mellark: Hey girly!!! I saw your new pic of you and Chres, you guys are so cute together Ad Laney aint got nothin on you! You two are the bomb.com. Ik that's corny but whateva, I'll c u at the game tonight. love you!

I love her so much. She always has something nice to say. Note to self, text her when I'm done with Chres.

"Are you sure?" I asked putting my phone away. "We can talk about it if you like"

"Not really, you wouldn't understand"

"You sure? I consider myself a very understanding person"

"Nah, I'm cool" he smiled at me and turned my way "Thanks though. You really are the perfect girlfriend" he smiled and kissed me. He deepened the kiss and turned it into a make out session. He laid me on my back and we stayed like that for a while. I'm so glad he's okay. I think.

======================================

Hi guys!!!

So whatcha think? Good, bad? Tell me. Thanks for the comments and Im sure all of you have agreed on me updating more often and now since Im out of school, i will. So be on a look out for maybe two or three updates a day. lol

Now about the story, do you like this chapter? Do you think chres is going to be okay? Let's hope. This chapter is dedicated to @Destiny_Mellark for the best comment Thanls Remember, I'm still doing this so go comment.

Love yhu guys!!!