The Truth

Her phone's dead right now. She tried to turn it on a couple of times, but it couldn't last longer. Just a few minute before she made a call, it keeps died again until completely dead. They were alone. They have to survive. Sally knew her mom was looking for them. Jenny wasn't minded Sally called mom instead Dad when she knew their mom was looking for them in a town named Golden Town. They just have to find a street sign and they won't far from the town. The problem is they didn't know how far they were to the street sign.

    "Mom's looking for us at the town," Sally said. Jenny didn't answer it, even she threw her face away from her, didn't want to look her. "We have to go now. Come on."

    "But it's midnight. We can barely see everything. We can get lost. Why don't we wait until tomorrow morning?"

    "We can't. We have to go now," she looked her bag on the ground that open and empty. "I mean, we won't survive here anyway. We're running out of food and water."

    "But..."

    Sally picked up her bag to her shoulder. Her bag was lighter than before. "We don't have a choice. We're leaving now," she said. A silence came between them. Sally made steps to the woods before Jenny said, "What about Dad"

    Sally turned over her shoulder and looked at her. "Don't start this again, Jenny. I don't want to talk about this now. We need to move." She's almost crying. But she held it so Jenny didn't suspicious that she had a secret she didn't tell her about their Dad. She can't, not right now.

    "What's if he's looking for us? Let's wait here." Sally dropped her back to the ground and held Jenny's both shoulder, grabbing them, and said, "Dad is not coming." she said. Her voice mixed between angry and sad as she said it. "You hear me? Dad never comes back."

    "Why you always said that? What makes you so sure about that?"

"Because he's dead! He hung himself at home." She let the words out of her mouth and cracked Jenny's, heart. She stunned and didn't know what to say or even believe what was just she heard. "No," Jenny said. "You're lying." Her eyes began to weep. "It's not true."

    Sally didn't know what to say. She should not say that yet. She began to cry as well. She tried to get closer to Jenny and hug her but Jenny refused. "Tell this not true!" but then Sally hugged her and them both in sorrowed.  "Come on," Sally said. "We need to keep moving."

    As they walk, they didn't say anything, not even a word. Jenny was silence and she didn't do that. Maybe because Sally told her the truth. Sally looked at her and feels bad for it. It wasn't too hard for her but it was for Jenny as a 10 years old kid.

    "Hey," she said, trying to crack the silence between them in the middle of the creepy forest. Jenny looked at her just for a minute and then looked forward. Her face was sad.

    "Sorry I yelled at you!" she didn't answer.

    "I shouldn't yell at you when I said what happened to Dad."

    "Is it true?"

    "I don't know. Mom told me." Sally saw she looked at her with her tears and sad expression. "Look, we need to get strong, okay? Everything's going to be okay," she said and they get gather around as they walk.