xxxvi

[ 30th November 2017 ]

The rain never stopped. The clouds continued to cry. The sky continued to shout. Nothing stopped. Everything continued except of one thing.

Elliot opened his eyes, finding himself lying on the hospital bed , rather uncomfortably,  with Noelle. He had been sittings there , singing to her , all night and didn't know when he slid into oblivion.

He looked at the clock, it read "11:10 P.M"

Tomorrow was Noelle's birthday. He remembered that, of course. As soon as the minute passed, and clock struck  11:11, he closed his eyes solemnly and wished,

"Dear God. I know. . .I would never d-deserve her. But I wish. . . I wish that she wakes up. . ."

If two months ago , someone had told him that he will be praying on 11:11 for a girl, he would have recommended that person to go to a asylum. But what future holds for you is a mystery that no one knows. That's how it worked and will work forever.

Elliot left the hospital room, quickly jumping in his car. He started the engine, and went to the near bakery shop which he had witnessed randomly the first time he had been there.

He took a small chocolate cake, not that expensive but something that will work, A small bouquet of red flowers. In his palm he  held a small box which he had bought with his mother a week ago. A birthday Gift for Noelle.

When he returned , there were still five minute, till the new day begun and the celebration would begin.

Celebration? No quite sure if it was one.

[12 :00 A.M]

The large hand of the clock moved, hit the 12 and 1st December began.

Elliot blew the 20 candles he had put on the cake , though roughly but it was mandatory. After all , she turned 20 that day.

And whispered slowly, on the verge of crying,

"Happy Birthday and-" He took her frail hands in his grip, rubbing the top slowly, "-Happy December my sunshine."

"I can't believe you have turned twenty. Twenty years on this Earth. I bet you hate it here."

"But I can assure you, I hate it more. It always snatches away the things I love. I don't know why. . . Maybe we were  serial killers in the previous life, and we killed people. . . But don't you think the punishment is little too much?"

He wiped his tears, mentally scolding himself.  This was not the time to cry. This was the time to be happy and celebrate the day of her birth.

"So, I will save the cake for you until you wake up. And here-' He stood up and searched his pockets for a certain small black box. '-So. . . this isn't special but I loved it when I first saw it. This is from me to you. Your twentieth birthday present."

Picking out the small necklace with a pendent shaped as 'N', Elliot put the chain around her neck. It looked beautiful. Just like her. Then grabbing her hand he whispered, "I love you so fucking much Noelle Smiths."

But then something happened. One moment it was utter stillness and the other, Elliot felt something move.

Again.

And then Again.

♡  ♡  ♡

WE ARE SO CLOSE

WE ARE SO CLOSE. ASKDHAOLS.

A y e.