xxx

[ 1:02 A.M  | 20th November 2017]

[ The City Hospital ] 

Elliot gripped the cup of hot coffee in his left hand as he moved a hand through her chestnut hair. They were silky soft just like her voice. Just like he had imagined. He was never a fan of coffee but lately it had been the only thing that helped him stay up all night taking care of Noelle.

You will not even call it taking care, just watching her peacefully sleep. Something he can't do.

Sometimes when he would caught himself silently praying for her to wake up , he couldn't help but think of himself as a mean and self-centered person. Or in easy words , an asshole.

Why? Because Noelle was in a better place than him. She was in the state of peace. Just there. In an agreement with life. And praying for her to wake up somehow meant to subject her to a greater pain. The pain of this world which she didn't deserve.

Elliot was sure, almost , that he could never make Noelle as happy as she deserved but he liked to ignore that fact.

Sometime later , swinging between the unspoken thoughts, he heard his phone rang. It displayed the words "Ma".

"Honey, Thank God you picked it up. How are you? Wait. How is she?"

"Ma...Ma I honestly don't know..." Elliot trailed off , swallowing the lump forming in his dry throat.

"Elliot, stay strong. I didn't brought you up like this. You are there for her. Put your heart and soul in this time. I promise God will not let you down."

"But Ma I don't know what to do. I-I just wish that she would wake up. I can't take this anymore."

"If you can't take this anymore, take her pain anymore then you don't deserve her. You don't understand dear. You need to be strong. For her. That's what you do for the people you love. And I know-" His mother sighed before continuing  "-I know you love her."

Surprisingly, Elliot did understand what his mother meant. He needed to be strong. For her.

♡  ♡   ♡

This book has now  1 8 7  reads and  1 4 8  votes

Guys Thank you so much. It means the world
to me. I love you all so damn much!

Update ; We are 765 in SS.

W O A H.

Don't forget to vote and Comment.
And also tell me,
Have you ever been in this type of situation?

All the Love.

A y e