Chapter fourteen

Everyone are having fun,even she is having fun,too,but unlike her friends,it's a superficial fun. She can't understand herself now,she's loosing her cool.

Ilang buwan na ang lumipas,after that last night with him,he never bother me,anymore. Emerie was asking me about him but I can't say much because I don't really know what to say.

After that brief call,he went out of his car,Emerie was quickly on his side. She's beaming next to him,I noticed some of my girlfriends was appalled when they saw him face to face.

He made up an excuse,a very believable excuse,I almost believe it,if I just didn't know him,I'll believe him.

He gave me a bouquet of flowers,by the look of it,it was expensive. I keep the flowers,I still have the dried petals hidden in my room.

He also took me to an exclusive restaurant,it was set up romantically. We were just quiet the whole duration of our dinner.

For the last time he asked me if he could still kiss me again. I was reluctant at first because I knew what's the effect of his kisses do to me. I felt the sincerity of his words I nodded and let  him kiss me.

I don't know what gotten into me,after that shared wonderful kiss. I felt tears on my cheeks,I wipe them quickly but it kept going. When he saw it,I thought he will tease me like he always do hut he did not. Instead,he kissed my forehead and hugged me tight. 

"I will always be around,Sharmaine,but I will not bother you anymore after tonight,I love you always,baby"

Tears fell,it's unstoppable that time,he kept me comfortable.

That was what happened the last time we were together,my sister never mention anything about him after that night,too. It's like an unspoken deal between all of us that doesn't need to voice out.

I've told Claude about Rocco,except the part that we always have dinner together and the kiss we also shared. Claude wanted to thank him but we never have any chance to see him,again. He wanted to personally thank Rocco for looking after me while he was away.

Kung alam ba niya ang mga ginagawa namin sa likod ng mga pagkikita namin,would Claude still be thankful? Of course he would not,he will feel betrayed. I don't want to add more salt to an open wounds.

Right now as I think about it,there's this gap inside me that wanted to be filled up. No more calls from him or even text messages. I've never felt this empty in my life,ngayon palang.

"This is so fun,one more month and we are off from university,can't wait to travel"

"Yeah,me too,I'm really going to have fun and enjoy my freedom before I got arrange marriage to that man"

"You do that,Gel,I'm with you,girl"

Months have passed by,finally I'm able to graduate with good grades and good credentials,too. Thanks to my sister and to Rocco's family,they invited me to do my internship in their company.

I thought I would have to ask one of my friends to have my internship done at one of their family business. Instead I am asked by Mr Jefferson Sanders himself to my internship at their company. I grabbed the chance,not because I wanted to see him. I grabbed the chance because it is one of the leading company in the country. They also have a good reputation when it comes to business.

And the whole time I am in their company,up until now,I still have not see him.

"And this two are soon to wed"

"We have to celebrate!"

Claude and I smile to each other,knowingly.

I've talked to him about that,I told him I'm not ready yet and that I want to prove something to myself and to everyone who know me. I know I've been a pain in some people's asses and I want to change that thoughts of them about me. He said he understand but I can feel the urgency in him for us to be married. It fear me,I shouldn't have,because that was my planned before I enter his life.