"Ace, Emily is right.  You go get some rest.  I can see your exhaustion," Logan agreed.

I couldn't argue with any of these facts.  I was exhausted and needed some sleep, even just a short nap.  I begrudgingly hauled myself upstairs and into bed.  I don't think my head hit the pillow before I was asleep.

I didn't know how long I had been asleep, but it was some of the best sleep I'd gotten since Emma was born, and even before that, I think.  I didn't have the extra weight and basketball on my mid-section, nor did I have a baby using my bladder as a trampoline.  On the other hand, my breasts were bigger than they've ever been and have a tendency to leak.  At this point, it's a trade-off that I'm accepting.  Right now, they feel like they may explode if I don't feed the baby or pump to relieve the pressure.  Yet another part of post-pregnancy that was strange, but becoming more comfortable, more normal.  I padded out into the hall and started towards Emma's room.  The closer I get, the more I hope she's up and hungry.  It's mostly selfish, but I'm starting to enjoy the quiet bonding time between the two of us.  The pressure release is just a pleasant side effect.

I heard her stirring, so I slowly opened the door to find Grandma sitting in the glider, feet propped on the foot rest, fast asleep, and covered with a blanket.  I'm guessing Logan covered her with the blanket, as it was an old quilt of mine that Mom made when I was a kid.  I snuck in, retrieved Emma from her crib, and went downstairs to feed her in the living room.  I had just gotten comfortable on the couch when Logan walked in.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Great, actually.  I feel much better now, except for the pressure in my chest, but that will soon be rectified," I responded nodding toward Emma.

"The human body is truly amazing, and Emma certainly knows how to eat.  I have no idea where she got that from," he said, laughing.

"Mom said that I didn't eat nearly as much as Emma, but Grandma said that mom was hungry every couple of hours.  I think I can safely say it's from my mom and not me!"

"I can't believe Emily fell asleep in Emma's room," Logan said, changing the subject a bit.  "She insisted on sitting in there after I put her down."

"Grandma has become a different person since Grandpa passed away.  Not bad different, just different.  She's been calmer and more involved.  She still has some bit though, so don't cross her," I said.

"I wouldn't think of crossing Emily Gilmore!"

I switched Emma to the other side to finish eating.  I felt an almost instant relief.

"While you were sleeping, Finn called," Logan began.  "I know we wanted people to wait a little longer, but I thought, maybe, we could let the guys come over soon.  They've been very insistent, and I think Finn's asked multiple times each day about his new niece.

"Maybe we could see how tomorrow goes.  Grandma goes back to Nantucket tonight, and I could definitely use a shower.  I know how impatient the guys are, especially Finn," I replied with a smile.

"Once Finn gets an idea, there's very little you can do to stop it!" Logan laughed.

"Like the time he tried to join the French Foreign Legion?"

"Exactly!  If we don't let him come over soon, he may break in just to see Emma," Logan said.

"Oh, I hate it when you're right," I replied, smiling.  "Let's invite them over for tomorrow.  Just the guys for now."

"You have no idea how happy this will make Finn.  I think he was almost as excited as we were, and that speaks volumes," Logan replied.

"Really?  Finn excited about a baby?"

"It's not just about the baby.  It's about us, and what this all means," Logan started.  "He's the one who has been pushing for us."

"I don't think I understand," I said, a bit confused.

"Ever since your first Life and Death Brigade party, as well as the Yale alumni party Emily and Richard threw here all those years ago, he's been pushing for me to get together with you.  I guess it was more encouraging me.  He noticed the way we looked at each other and how we interacted.  I remember the sparks I felt when I grabbed your hand before the jump.  I would have never gone to such lengths for just anyone, and Finn knew.  Jump ahead to California, and he was there to help me pick up the pieces right after he smacked me upside the head for leaving you in the first place."

"Logan.....I'm so sorry...." I started.  I noticed Emma had stopped eating, so I propped her on my shoulder, gently patting her back.

"I know it's the journey we had to take.  Once I went back to HPG, I asked Finn to look you up.  I couldn't do it myself because I was being watched like a hawk.  I wasn't just curious about you.  I desperately wanted you back in my life.  I knew I made a huge mistake leaving that day.  He's actually the one who suggested that I 'run into you' in Hamburg.  He knew exactly what you meant to me, and you've always held a special spot in his heart as well.  I knew I had to go to you, but he was the one who finally convinced me after Dad's heart attack."

Logan gently took the now sleeping baby from my shoulder and put her into the bassinet.  I readjusted myself now that she wasn't on my shoulder.  He slid next to me on the couch, putting at arm around me.  I snuggled into his warmth, enjoying the quiet of the moment.