"Are you going to tell anyone?" I asked, trusting him to make the right decision.

"For now, I'd like to keep it quiet." He said, "Once I remove Torus from the council, I'll tell them."

"Even Jamon?" I grimaced, remembering Hath's brother.

"He is not that bad." He chuckled.

"You're joking." I raised an eyebrow, moving to get off.

"Stay." He whispered into my hair, tightening his arms around me. "How do you feel?"

"Numb." I answered after a while. "It's fading fast."

"The last few days have been overwhelming for you." He said, "it is natural."

Dominic was offering a helping hand. He was willing to help me navigate my way out of the swirling mass of emotions. There was no longer a need to be numb, no longer a need to bury my emotions and move on. I had somebody to help me deal with them and I wasn't going to let the opportunity pass. Without thinking twice, I dived deep into what I was feeling.

"I'm scared."

"About?" He nuzzled my hair.

"A lot of things." I whispered.

"Tell me."

"About your uncle." I shuddered.

"I know exactly where he is." He said calmly, "the only uncertainty was Rider and he is dead."

"What do you plan to do?"

"I plan to conquer the entire south. To be honest, I no longer care about them. I've been eyeing south since a while." He muttered as though taking over kingdoms was no big deal at all.

"What about Torus?"

"He should be the last of your worries." His tone had the hard edge that I'd heard many times before, "Today is the last time someone hurt you. No one is going to touch you from now on."

I knew he meant every word he said but there were things that were out of his control. It did nothing to ease my fears.

"You'll see." He said, sensing my reluctance.

"How can you be so sure?" I frowned.

"Did you forget already? I'm not leaving your side." He teased, his smile bringing one on my face.

"Brilliant." I laughed.

"What else are you worried about ?" He asked, seriously.

"Nish."

"What about him?" His eyes raked over my face and I looked away.

"He is very devious. It just scares me. He has already made multiple attempts on your life." I choked up at the last word.

Even Dominic's presence wasn't enough to diminish my anxiety. I gulped down the tears, hoping he wouldn't notice.

"All of them have been unsuccessful." He reminded.

"I'm worried that I'll lose you." I closed my eyes and moisture spilled.