14. Daydream

You might want to listen to You and I by 1D as you read this chapter. But that's just me.
__________

"I think I fall in love a little bit with anyone who shows me their soul. The world is so guarded and fearful. I appreciate rawness so much."

-Emery Allen
____________

"Yes!" The tiny faces cheer excitedly.

I grin and try containing my own excitement. "Okay, Shush now. Don't tell her anything, just get her to follow you to the parking lot. Understand?"

They nod fast repeatedly.

"Good, now go."

They all rush to the building, and I stand in my place for the sense of accomplishment taking over my mind a bit. I somehow convinced the orphanage to allow me to take out a bunch of kids, I did sort of chimed in a lie or two, but they will have fun. Everyone is going to have fun, that's for sure.

And of course, for safety reasons, a lady working there will meet up with us at where we'll go.

I can't remember the last time I've been this excited. I only remember ever being this happy when I'm around a crowd of children, I don't know why, it just feels easier dealing with them than people older or my age.

I brush back my hair, and follow them inside, out of anyone's sight. Just to make sure. I see as the five little toddlers run inside and look around for a few seconds, their expressions showing awe and amazement, before one of the boys, Ray, spotted the dark haired receptionist and pointed it out for the rest.

They hurried there, the lad behind the desk finally spotting them after snapping out of whatever he's been watching on the computer. "Woah, woah there buddies. What's going on here?" He asks, standing to his feet and taking a better look at them.

They let out a chorus of "good afternoon" and "hello" before the youngest between them, Valerie, takes a step forward. "We're thold t-to bring a lady...U-uh..."

"Okay...what's her name?" The receptionist raises a brow in amusement.

"T-T-Thaylor..."

A chuckle slips from my mouth as she stutters and I cover it, mentally scolding myself.

"Taylor Swift!" Dex blurts out from between them.

"Yes! That's her name." Val points at Dex as she nods. "We're gonna thake her with us."

"Alright. Just wait here."

They nod obediently as the guy sits back down and picks up the head of the phone, mumbling some things into it. He eyes them for a second, and says another incoherent thing. He sets down after a minute, and looks at them. "She'll come now."

"Thank you!" They say with grins and look at each other, making it a bit obvious something is up.

I wait by the wall, leaning against it, as they fiddle with the ribbons in their hands, their eyes still wandering around the place. It's such a pretty sight seeing these adorable children fascinated by things they've never seen before in their lives.