The Waterbending Master

Start from the beginning

He pulled away and smiled. "My beautiful sisters. It's been such a long time," he said. "Would you like to perform with me at the feast tonight?" he asked us.

"Of course! That'd be awesome!" Neo said. I gave a smile and thumbs up in agreement.

He grinned. "Well let's go get dressed then."

*

"Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the Southern Water Tribe, and they have brought someone very special with them. Someone whom many of us believed disappeared from the world until now. The Avatar! They have also managed to bring the Princess of the Sun and the Princess of the Moon. We also celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. Princess Yue is now of marrying age," the chief said.

I could tell our friends were confused when the chief introduced us as princesses.

I tugged on my ear nervously. Neo, Kazo, and I were all dressed in Water Tribe clothing.

As Yue began to speak, Sokka looked at her wide eyed. "Thank you, Father. May the great Ocean and Moon Spirits watch over us during these troubled times," Princess Yue said to the crowd.

We were going on soon. "Now, Master Pakku and his students will perform!" the chief said.

The master and his students did amazing waterbending tricks.

When their performance ended, the chief stood up again. "I would like for you to be introduced to our prince and princesses. Prince Kazon, of all waterbenders!" Kazo walked out and stood to the left. "Princess Neomi, of all earthbenders!" Neo grinned cheekily before walking out and stood to the right. Our friends looked at Neo in shock. "And, Princess Naomi, of all airbenders!" I took a deep breath before walking to my place in the middle. "They will perform next," the chief said. Once he sat down, we began.

"Ready?" I asked. They nodded and we took a waterbending stance.

"Water!" We gathered water. The water changed colors with each of us. Neo, green. Kazo, blue. Me, white. We danced around with them before slowly putting them back.

Next, we took a Firebending stance. "Fire!" We made fire in our hands and made them grow. We soon put them out and took a deep breath. We blew out the fire from our mouths and made a rainbow. We made the fire disperse.

Next, we took an Earthbending stance. "Earth!" We stomped on the ground and made sculptures of ourselves. We then made sculptures of other people, making them laugh in delight. We made the earth go back inside, well, the Earth.

Finally, we stood up straight. I took a deep breath and I slowly started to Airbend myself into the air. Soon, my siblings did the same. Aang looked at us in shock.

"Let us introduce ourselves," we said in unison.

"My name is Kazon. I am also known as Prince Lunar of the Moon," Kazo said.

"My name is Neomi. I am also known as Princess Celestia of the Sun," Neo said.

"My name is Naomi. I am also known as Princess Luna of the Moon. However, you can also call me Legend Naomi," I said with a warm smile.

We slowly descended back to the ground and bowed. Everyone clapped. Neo and I looked at Katara, Sokka, and Aang. Their shocked looks never disappeared.

Kazo ushered us out. We grinned at each other once we were away from everyone. "That was amazing! I haven't used any of the other elements ever since I joined Nao on her journey with the others," Neo said.

Kazo ruffled her hair and smiled. "Well that's going to change from here on out."

"Guys! Wait!" we heard Katara shout from behind us. I froze in mid-step.

Neo gripped my hand tightly. "You got this, girl. Kazo and I are here for you," she said, giving my hand a comforting squeeze.

I gave her a weak smile before turning to face the others. "Yeah?" I asked breathlessly.

"You're the Legend?" Sokka asked curiously.

"I am," I said.

Sokka crossed his arms and raised a brow. "A princess too?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Katara asked.

I rubbed my arms nervously. "Um, I didn't feel as though it was necessary. I mean, we were focused on finding the Northern Water Tribe and escaping Zuko," I said.

The siblings looked at me sadly. I hadn't had the courage to look at Aang.

"Naomi, Neomi. Come on. Let's go. We have some catching up to do," Kazo said.

Neo hooked arms with our brother. "Nao? Are you coming?" she asked.

I took a deep breath. "No. I need to speak to Aang," I said.

They nodded and walked off. "We'll leave you two alone," Katara said. She grabbed her brother and left me and Aang alone.

We stared at each other in deafening silence. "Why?" he asked, breaking the tense silence.

"Why what?" I muttered.

Aang exhaled angrily. "Why would you keep that away from me? We're supposed to tell each other everything," he said.

"I didn't want to lose you. I mean, we've been best friends for as long as we can remember," I said.

He threw up his hands. "I don't care! You could've told me. I would've understood," he said.

"I was afraid you wouldn't. That's why I didn't tell you," I said. I looked away from him and blinked away my tears.

I heard him sigh.

Suddenly, I felt his hand on my chin. He tilted my head up toward him and pecked my lips.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Legend Naomi?" he asked.

I looked into his eyes in shock. "Y-Yes, Avatar Aang," I said with a shy smile.

The next morning, I sat with Master Pakku. I was practicing my waterbending since I was kind of rusty on it.

I saw Aang and Katara walking up the stairs. "I've been waiting for this my entire life! We finally get to learn from a waterbending master!" Katara said happily.

I saw Pakku holding up a blob of water over my head. He was bending them into cool shapes. "Good morning, Master Pakku!" Aang said as he and Katara came up to us.

Master Pakku dropped the water on me.

I rubbed my arms as I shivered. "Cold," I muttered.

"No, please, just march right in. Not like I was concentrating or anything," Master said sarcastically.

I dried my self off and looked over towards Aang and Katara. "Hey guys! I would love to stay, but I have some things to do," I said.

I kissed Aang's cheek and walked outside. There was plenty of water out there. I created a hand sized statue of the Northern Water Tribe. "Beautiful."

I heard a commotion from the training area.

I hurried over and found Katara and Master fighting.

I stomped over to them angrily and extinguished the water with my firebending. "Stop," I said sternly.

Master Pakku stopped instantly and bowed. "I'm sorry, Princess," he said.

"What happened?" I asked.

Master glared at Katara. "This girl here picked a fight with me because I wouldn't teach her," he said.

Katara scoffed. "Why is it that you say you don't teach girls, but you were teaching Naomi?" she asked.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "He wasn't teaching me anything. He was just showing me cool tricks," I explained. I put my hands on my hips. "Well, if that's all, I will be leaving. Bye!"