The Boy in the Iceberg

Edited Version:

"It's not getting away from me this time! Watch and learn, Katara. This is how you catch a fish," a Southern Water Tribe boy named Sokka said. Katara was Sokka's sister. She looked down and saw a  particular fish swimming in the sea. She pulled off her glove and used waterbending to lift the fish in a blob of water.

"Sokka, look!" Katara exclaimed while pulling the water towards her.

Sokka paid no attention to her. "Shh, Katara. You're gonna scare him away," he said. "Mmm. I can already smell it cooking." The boy was probably drooling over what could be.

Meanwhile, Katara was still moving the blob of water around. "But, Sokka, I caught one," Katara said, still trying to hold the blob of water. She lost control just as Sokka was about hit a fish. The blob of water exploded on him. "Hey!" Katara yelled in frustration.

"Ahh!" Sokka exclaimed. He looked at his sister. "Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked?" he asked.

"It's not magic. Its waterbending and it's--" Katara was cut off by Sokka.

"Yeah yeah-- an ancient art unique to our culture, blah, blah, blah," Sokka said as he waved his hand around. "Look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself," he said truthfully.

"You're calling me weird? I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection in the water." Katara said with a smirk while Sokka was looking at his muscles in the water.

"Ahh!" they yelled as they crashed into an iceberg.

"Watch out!" Katara yelled.

"Ahh!" Sokka moaned out in pain.

"Go left! Go left!" Katara yelled in fear. They kept dodging icebergs until one hit them. The boat got crushed and they slid onto an iceberg. "You call that left?" she asked.

Sokka looked at her with a deadpan. "You don't like my steering. Well, maybe you should have water bent us out of the ice," He said.

"So it's my fault," Katara said standing up.

"I knew I should've left you home. Leave it to a girl to screw things up." Sokka said.

Katara's eye started to twitch just before she blew up. "You are the most sexist, nut brained-ugh! I'm embarrassed to be related to you!" she yelled as she made a wave to crack a certain rock. Despite that, she wasn't done rambling, "ever since Mom died, I've been doing all of the work around camp while you've been off playing soldier!"

"Uh, Katara," Sokka began wide eyed, but Katara didn't stop yelling.

"I even was all of the clothes! Have you ever smelled your dirty socks? Well, let me tell you, it's not pleasant!" she yelled making two more cracks.

"Katara! Settle down!" Sokka said, trying to calm her. He watched her frightfully.

"No! That's it! I am done helping you! From now on, you are on your own!" Katara yelled, finally breaking the rock. They both gasped. A big wave sent them back.

Sokka sighed. "Okay. You've officially gone from weird to freakish, Katara," he said.

"You mean, I did that?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yep, congratulations," her brother said sarcastically. Suddenly, a big glowing thing came out of the water.

It looked like a boy inside. "He's alive!" Katara exclaimed pulling out Sokka's spear. "We have to help him," she said while running over to the iceberg.