The Storm

Edited Version:

Nita yawns as she snuggles into my chest. Bumi and Tenzin pout. "Mom, can we please stay up for one more story?" Bumi asks.

I smile. "Think you can stay awake?" I ask.

"I can," Nita says, opening her sleepy eyes to look at me.

Tenzin nods his head excited. "Me too!"

I sigh. "Alright."

~

I woke up when I felt Momo and Kita jump on me. "Momo! Kita!" I whined.

Sokka sits up. "Huh? Ugh, what's going on? Did we get captured again?" he asked groggily.

Aang shook his head. "It's nothing. I just had a bad dream. Just go back to sleep," he said.

Sokka turned over in his sleeping bag. "You don't have to tell me twice," he said.

"Dido," Neo grumbled.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Are you okay, Aang?" I asked him.

"I'm okay," he mumbled.

"Well, you kind of made Momo and Kita jump on us so how can you be okay?" Neo commented with her eyes closed.

"You seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately. Do you want to talk about it?" Katara asked.

Aang shrugged. "I think I just need some rest," he said to her.

"Do you want me to tell you about my dream?" Sokka suddenly asked. Katara and I looked at him annoyed. "That's okay, I didn't want to talk about it anyway," he muttered.

Soon, it was morning. Neo and I were loading everything on Appa's saddle.

Aang grabbed my hand and pulled me on top of Appa's head. "Look at those clear skies, Appa, it's going to be some smooth flying," he said pointing up at the sky.

I looked up. I had to agree with him.
"Well, we better be flying smoothly to a market because we're out of food," Katara said.

Sokka waved his hands. "Wait, guys, this was in my dream. We shouldn't go to the market," he said.

Neo raised a brow. "What happened in your dream?" she asked.

He widened his eyes. "Food. Eats. People," he said. My eye twitched and I threw a rock- gently- at his head. "Ow! What was that for?" he asked, rubbing his head to ease the pain.

I crossed my arms. "For being a dim wit," I said with a dark glare. "Yeah, that's what I thought." I grinned evilly.

"Also, Momo and Kita could talk. They both said some very unkind things," Sokka said.

I sighed. "Sokka, get help."

We made it to a market. Katara was being picky. She was examining a fruit closely. "Ah, it's good! I'm telling you," the shopkeeper yelled at her.

She started to shake the fruit. "Hm, I don't like the sound of that swishing," she said.

Sokka and Neo were coming out from inside of the tent with some bags. "The swishing means that it is ripe! It's the ripe juices swishing around, eh!" the shopkeeper said to her.

I sighed. "I think it's true, Katara. Swishing means it's ripe," my best friend said.

Katara shrugged and put the fruit back. "I just realized that we're out of money anyway," she said.

"Aw," Sokka and Neo exclaimed when the shopkeeper took the bags away.

Sokka put his hands on his hips. "Out of food and out of money. What are we supposed to do?" he asked.