The Winter Solstice

Edited version:

We were flying over the Earth Kingdom. Katara, Neo, and Sokka were sitting on the saddle while Aang and I were sitting on Appa's head. "Don't the clouds look soft? It seems like a big, soft heap," Katara said.

Sokka snorts. "Why don't you try it?" he said jokingly.

"Ha, ha. You're hilarious," Katara said dryly. She rolled her eyes at her brother.

Aang and I grinned. "We'll try!" we said. We both jumped off of Appa laughing. We let ourselves free fall before opening our gliders. We flew back on Appa's saddle.

We were both dripping wet. "As it turns out, clouds are made of water," Aang said.

"Meaning you can't lay on them," Neo said.

Aang used his airbending to blow off the water off of him and onto me. "Aang!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled sheepishly. "Sorry, Omi," he said with a small smile. I created a gust of wind to blow the water off of me. I glared at him playfully.

Katara leaned over the saddle and looks down. "What's that?" she asked.

My twin hummed. "It looks like a big scar," she said.

Once we landed, Sokka instantly jumped down and started investigating. "Firebenders," he said after a moment. "Those guys have no respect for anything. They make me wanna-" he was cut off by Katara and Neo.

"Shush," they said. I felt their gaze on us as my best friend and I sat down on the charred ground.

"What? Am I not supposed to be angry?" Sokka asked.

Katara and Neo ignored him and walked over to us. "It's going to be okay you two," Katara said.

"How could anyone do this. How could I let this happen?" Aang asked himself out loud. He picked up some of the dirt and ash and let it fall out of his hands and back on the ground.

"It isn't your fault. The Fire Nation did this," I said, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Yes, it is. It's the Avatar's job to protect nature, but I don't know how to do my job. That's where the Legend comes in but I have no idea where she is or if she's even alive." he said angrily. He shrugged off my hand and glares down at the ground.

I bit my lip and looked over at Neo sadly. "That's why we're going to the North Pole. To find you a Master and maybe find the Legend," Katara said calmly.

"Yeah. A waterbending master. But there is no one to teach me how to be the Avatar," Aang said.

"Didn't Monk Gyatso tell you?" I asked.

"He told me that Avatar Roku or the Legend would help me," he said.

"The Avatar before you?" Neo asked curiously.

"How is he going to help you?" Sokka asked.

"That's the problem!" Aang shouted angrily.

"It's going to be okay, Aang," I said, giving him a brief side hug.

I glanced behind me and saw Katara pick up two acorns. "Hey, Aang. Ready to be cheered up?" she asked.

"No," Aang said. Katara threw an acorn at Aang's head, as well as mine.

"How is that supposed to cheer me?" we both yelled.

"And, ouch," I muttered under my breath.

"Hehe, cheered me up," Neo and Sokka said. Katara and I hit them both in the head with an acorn.